The Bills have a superstar Elite NFL QB

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Lol.  You do realize that Bills WR coach Chad Hall is an Air Force Academy graduate. 

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OMG Priceless 🔥 

This is the coach Stefon Diggs just called "probably one of the best coaches I've ever had" in his press availability this week. (50 seconds in)

(I did not know that either)

and he wasnt even a WR there. he was a BEAST at rb. 1400 rush yds and 15 td.... that team was actually really good and they finished as a ranked squad. i remember it well because that was back in my college days when i had a ton of time to kill and watched tons of college football. used to love staying up and watching those west coast games out in the pac 10 and mount. west.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Allen’s “bad” game wasn’t all that “bad.” It’s actually a good sign that in a game in which he was forced to be patient and take what the defense was giving him, he was able to move the ball up and down the field most of the night. 

• Like (+1) 2

In Allen’s “bad” game, which most people have acknowledged wasn’t even bad, I thought he was on pace for a solid B grade until the Butler pick.   

He’s allowed to throw a pick (that’s actually on him) once in a while, but given the flow of that game, that interception all but gave us the L.  

A lot of impartial observers thought Allen played a solid game as well.  

That said, I think Allen believes it was a poor game for him, and that shows how far he’s grown.  He’s absolutely flirting with elite, top 5 QB status, and I’m very confident he gets there.   A bounce back game against Mahomes on National tv would certainly go a long way in solidifying his “elite” standing as early as this season.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

LInk?

At this early stage, it's deniable.

He's been playing superbly for five games, but Tyrod was terrific for five games too. Some guys regress. Some guys lose it. Sometimes teams figure guys out. It happens. On the other hand, sometimes guys become superstars.

Certainly his arm talent is superstar-level. That's been clear since college. There's a lot more to the game than that though.

Far too early to think we know the final verdict. It does seem to be leaning that way, though.

Oh yup.  I remember that stretch where Tyrod averaged over 300 yards and 3 passing TDs per game completing 69%.😉

Oh wait..., Nevermind.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

We might. He has to shake off a bad game and return to where he was the first 4 weeks. If he can do that against Kansas City without missing a beat I'll believe he is an elite QB.

I don't think the game was that bad or bad at all. The drops, the penalties were atrocious. Josh was 63% , 265 yards , 2 TD , 1 int was really on him. No running game to help him also. The O as a whole needs to play better 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

So he is doing what he is doing this year and the Bills still have a drop problem as well. 

Wow I'm actually stunned by this graph.  I had no idea that they were dropping so many of his passes. 

And my understanding is that if the throw was "inaccurate" it doesn't count as a drop.  If the Bills receivers can clean this up we're sitting golden.

Also, this was not a bad game by Allen.  It was an average game by our young QB.  The idea that it was a bad game is simply a mirage after watching him have four great games in a row.

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Wow I'm actually stunned by this graph.  I had no idea that they were dropping so many of his passes. 

And my understanding is that if the throw was "inaccurate" it doesn't count as a drop.  If the Bills receivers can clean this up we're sitting golden.

Also, this was not a bad game by Allen.  It was an average game by our young QB.  The idea that it was a bad game is simply a mirage after watching him have four great games in a row.

Based on this Allen had three beyond the sticks that were dropped last game.  So I wasn't expecting to see this many drops so far this year, likely because the other drops didn't affect the game as much as they did Tuesday.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

the throw on Tuesday to Yeldon is impossible for all but 3 or 4 humans on the planet

I'll bite...prove it.

I love what Josh is doing, and of course he is a tremendously gifted passer,  but the whole "nobody else can make those throws" shtick is pretty silly.

We have seen all the elite QBs make some tremendous throws (Mahomes is in a class of his own) in recent weeks, and even some of the up and comers (Herbert!) have been dropping dimes. It's not like the Bills are asking WRs to run routes that rely on spectacular throws either.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

With experience Allen will continue to improve, become more patient, rely on his playmakers, read defences better. He's still trending up and we don't know what the ceiling is, except we know it's high. There is room for improvement. As some have mentioned he's made great strides in being more consistently accurate with his throws but his ball placement can and will get better. He's been working on making his throws more receiver friendly.

Dude has shown that he has all of the characteristics of an elite QB and it's looking very much like he will eventually get there. Bills also have managed him very well. There are few players who earn top marks in all relevant evaluation measures for the position they play. Allen is one of those. He's gonna be so rich it's ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

We might. He has to shake off a bad game and return to where he was the first 4 weeks. If he can do that against Kansas City without missing a beat I'll believe he is an elite QB.

He didn’t really have a bad game vs Tenn.  1 of his 2 interceptions was due to a mistake by the (backup) WR.  Tenn is also one of the better teams in the league.

3 hours ago, whorlnut said:

This is part of what’s wrong with this fan base, IMO. Allen has done nothing but improved over the entire course of his brief career, but it’s never good enough.

Allen was unbelievable the first four games of the season and other than a few bad throws against Tennessee he wasn’t that bad there either. People ignore four amazing games and only focus on one “bad” game around here. 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't think the game was that bad or bad at all. The drops, the penalties were atrocious. Josh was 63% , 265 yards , 2 TD , 1 int was really on him. No running game to help him also. The O as a whole needs to play better 

20 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

He didn’t really have a bad game vs Tenn.  1 of his 2 interceptions was due to a mistake by the (backup) WR.  Tenn is also one of the better teams in the league.

I should have made my point clearer. I'm not saying Allen had a bad game. I'm saying the entire offense did and he played at a sub-elite level. If he can shake it off and have another passing game like his first 4 weeks I will be very confident he is already an elite QB. Frankly we'll need him to be if we want to win the Super Bowl this year. The defense has struggled all year so if the offense doesn't play well in the 1st half the game will get away from us.

• Thank you (+1) 1

For naysayers please tell me who else can make that TD throw to yeldon. I can list a number of guys in canton that can’t. The play was otherworldly. 

Now they really just need to focus on getting more KC like play makers that can make a tacklers miss Or hands guys that catch everything and keep backfilling. Or a very good RB. 

The NFL just learned from the titans Josh is too good to stack the box or play man defense. Your only hope is zone and force the short game. Since the Bills don’t have any game breaking RAC guys or a stout running game or a really good seam busting TE to exploit it, it works. For now... 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Subscribe?

is this for a Lamp of the month Club?

ITs for the Cheese of the month club, WTF

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

For naysayers please tell me who else can make that TD throw to yeldon. I can list a number of guys in canton that can’t. The play was otherworldly. 

Now they really just need to focus on getting more KC like play makers that can make a tacklers miss Or hands guys that catch everything and keep backfilling. Or a very good RB. 

The NFL just learned from the titans Josh is too good to stack the box or play man defense. Your only hope is zone and force the short game. Since the Bills don’t have any game breaking RAC guys or a stout running game or a really good seam busting TE to exploit it, it works. For now... 

john Brown changes that dynamic completely when hes healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1