YoloinOhio

Lorax discusses Tremaine Edmunds

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nope, not even close, dude. It isn't "a select few" who can't be convinced he's playing poorly. That's the huge majority and includes all the people who know much more than us. The select few are you folks who simply won't admit that an injury can (and it's happening right now in Tremaine's case) affect performance. And that while he was making mistakes his rookie year that he cleaned up most of them last year and was playing very well.

Add Jeremiah Sirles in as yet another who knows far more than you and thinks you're just wrong: "I think he's hurt. I played against Tremaine, I practiced with him for a year and a half, and the kid's one of the most physical specimens that you've ever seen. And watching the way that he's approaching his contact, I mean even getting off blocks or instead of trying to thud an offensive lineman and shed the block, he's kind of backing up and trying to more finesse-move it. I think he's hurt. I don't know what's hurt, I don't know if it's a back, knee, shoulder, but I think there's something wrong because I do think he's one of the most diverse football players on the defensive side of the ball in the league, with the things he can do. I mean the range he can cover it so quickly, with the athletic ability and the physicality is everything you're looking for in a player and let's not forget he's 22 years old. I mean the kid's super-young still, he's still got a lot of development to go. But I do think that you need to get him healthy. But the problem is that if Milano's out AND Edmunds is out, you're really struggling, so I mean if Edmunds can go I agree that there's a certain piece of 'we need him on the field' but at the same time you've got to make sure that he's gonna be available down the stretch and that this isn't going to be something that just lingers all year and hampers his development.

That's on this week's "The Shout Podcast." And he's not just throwing bouquets out there either, he's willing to say some things that aren't positive. Says he doesn't see explosiveness this year from Oliver and that he's not a guy who can be effective without that, for instance.

It's pretty much everyone pointing out that you and your little select few are wrong.

As I said upthread I really think there’s an undisclosed lower body injury in addition to the shoulder - he’s not running as fast this year and it’s not because he’s hesitating.  He’s hurt, it’s a knee or an ankle or something.  I bet we find out in the off-season.

Oliver too - his knee injury must be worse than advertised because you don’t see the quick burst this season.  

• Like (+1) 1

Go back and watch the Darrell Williams TD, and you will see that Edmunds is a joke.  While Williams runs off LT for a TD, Edmunds is untouched as he runs where the RG was and is in the backfield making a U-turn as Williams crosses the goal line.  

😂😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

At this point bench him. He is consistently out of position and fails to make any impactful plays. 

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Edmunds sucks

Careful, he’s got a lot of apologists in the media and on this board.  Other than inexplicably not tackling Mahomes that led to a 4th and short and TD instead of a FG, you wouldn’t have even known he was on the field.  When Milano gets healthy, Edmunds needs to be benched.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think Slappy has lost the Defense because 49 is still in the lineup.

My prediction is that he sits the next couple weeks because of "an injury"

The tape is going to say.........."well it wasn't really his fault that they couldn't stop the run"............and then in pass coverage it will be "well you can't expect him to stay with that TE or that WR" like on those 2 back-breakers on KC's last scoring drive.    

Sometimes you need to make plays.

The Bills defensive identity is "not hard nosed and not making plays"...........sounds like Tremaine is taking a leadership role at least.:devil: 

He looks bad to me. Some of the panic about the team is overblown but I really do think Tremaine is struggling big time.

Edited by 2020 Our Year For Sure

55 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The tape is going to say.........."well it wasn't really his fault that they couldn't stop the run"............and then in pass coverage it will be "well you can't expect him to stay with that TE or that WR" like on those 2 back-breakers on KC's last scoring drive.    

Sometimes you need to make plays.

The Bills defensive identity is "not hard nosed and not making plays"...........sounds like Tremaine is taking a leadership role at least.:devil: 

"He's still basically a rookie!" mode activated.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

"He's still basically a rookie!" mode activated.

he was 19 just 3 years ago. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/15/2020 at 6:25 PM, Back the Blue said:

How does a shoulder injury cause you to misdiagnose running plays over and over and over again? 😈

Exactly, his gap shooting the past 2 games have been awful. The 4th down td was really bad i dont understand where he was going at all.

Ive seen enough.  Even before the shoulder injury he wasnt a playmaker on defense.  I dont want to hear Bruce Nolan, Joe Marino or the Cover 1 guys tell me its AJ Kleins fault anymore.  I dont want to hear how much he is hurt or misses Matt Milano.  If your game depends on the guy next to you he isnt good enough.

Watching him try to tackle Mahomes tonight while the QB ran in a loop and he dove at his feet made me want to vomit.  He needs to move to olb or sit.

Edited by thenorthremembers