Lorax discusses Tremaine Edmunds

YoloinOhio

The guy is battling through a lot right now. He will be more than fine staying at (middle linebacker),” Alexander tweeted. “(He has) a shoulder injury & to play the run you have to use your hands. Hard to do when you have pain every time you strike 300+ lbs lineman. Long term he’ll be great. Has to make it work until he gets healthy.”

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 8

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Well, this validates my pov at least...

I haven't understood the Edmunds hate at all

this validated that Lorenzo loves the kid and isn’t going to throw him under the bus, especially while he’s hurt.  I’m sure he’s in pain but his biggest problem has been positioning and lack of instinct, not once contact is made. 

he’s played bad. Much much worse than last season.  Once he starts to not suck, he’ll get love again. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I mean the Bills held Henry well in Check, and basically shut off the middle for running.  Think that would have to do with Edmunds?

I mean he's among the last of our problems

5 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

How does a shoulder injury cause you to misdiagnose running plays over and over and over again? 😈

He's not

• Like (+1) 4

Lorax ain’t going to say anything else, no? 

can the injury heal or do we have to wait for the offseason?

bottomline: injured or not, our LB core has underperformed. that being said, they have also been let down by the front four and, in the last game, by the Wallace and White-less secondary.

• Like (+1) 1

Edmunds is coming around. He is also playing behind a d line that Leslie and Sean have been tinkering with. 

The hate comes from his draft spot. Some people think because he was a first round pick he should be all pro from day one. He has had some ups and a few downs. Personally any regression that he has displayed is due to other factors than Edmunds just forgot how to play LB.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think it’s time to run a more traditional set on defense. If the pass rush can’t get home while Tremaine is backpedaling it’s too easily manipulated and he’s hung out to dry. There isn’t a MLB in the league that won’t get burned constantly if left alone in the middle of the field while receivers are crossing behind him. It’s only effective if there’s pressure and the quarterbacks have to get the ball out fast. 
Been a lot of Edmunds bashing on here and I think it should be directed at the staff more. 
Stop lining him up over center where they can easily maneuver him and he has to make instantaneous decisions. Line him up in a more traditional MLB spot and give him a chance to see what’s happening in front of him before a blocker takes hold. His athleticism should do the rest. 
Lining up over the center could work in previous years if the pass rush could get home. Also when they line him up over center and blitz him it’s stuffed almost every time. He never gets through. I’d rather plug Klein into the MLB position if they’re just gonna use the position to clog things up. Let Tremaine run from the outside 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 4

I hadn’t really thought about the injury aspect of it. But what I do know:

The goal line dive TD last Tuesday night where Edmunds and Klein ran right by the RB was baffling. 

I don’t think the guy is physical enough. Not just this year, but in years past. He never goes through people. He doesn’t get off blocks. He relies too heavily on his speed.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

this validated that Lorenzo loves the kid and isn’t going to throw him under the bus, especially while he’s hurt.  I’m sure he’s in pain but his biggest problem has been positioning and lack of instinct, not once contact is made. 

he’s played bad. Much much worse than last season.  Once he starts to not suck, he’ll get love again. 

Meh...Lorax hasn't been a guy who just blows smoke up our asses. He notes the tape....and as you see above, we have Cover1 analyzing tape that Edmunds is making good reads and pursuit, downhill, with conviction.

I've subscribed to the belief that the DL is struggling more than the LBs are. Its a team sport.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think it’s time to run a more traditional set on defense. If the pass rush can’t get home while Tremaine is backpedaling it’s too easily manipulated and he’s hung out to dry. 
Been a lot of Edmunds bashing on here and I think it should be directed at the staff more. 
Stop lining him up over center where they can easily maneuver him and he has to make instantaneous decisions. Line him up in a more traditional MLB spot and give him a chance to see what’s happening in front of him before a blocker takes hold. His athleticism should do the rest. 
Lining up over the center could work in previous years if the pass rush could get home. Also when they line him up over center and blitz him it’s stuff almost every time. He never gets through. I’d rather plug Klein into the MLB position if they’re just gonna use the position to clog things up. Let Tremaine run from the outside 

I do agree there are plenty of time he is lost in space in the zone. 

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I do agree there are plenty of time he is lost in space in the zone. 

There’s not a MLB in the league who is going to make a play when quarterbacks have time and just read Edmunds and work against his momentum to the open receiver. It’s easily manipulated. You can see the quarterbacks just watching him backpedal and the receiver working behind and boom easy catch. 

24 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Whoever this is analyzing for Cover1 (Erik?) seems to concur with @Buffalo716 comments about the Bills having become too predictable in what plays/coverages they are using for the same down and distance.

11 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Lorax ain’t going to say anything else, no? 

can the injury heal or do we have to wait for the offseason?

Who knows?  Leslie Frazer talks as though he's playing through the injury and is expected to continue to improve but ??

• Thank you (+1) 2