Jets may also be shopping Q Williams.

MAJBobby

12 hours ago, mbs said:

We give them our first they give us Williams and a second. We only drop one pick and I still have hope for QW.

Now you recognize that our first may be in the high 20s, while the Jets second will be in the low 30s.  The typical price for that kind of move in the draft is about a 4th rounder.  They may not trade him for that... 

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

True but we have a chance at a SB, we need to get this defense back to last years level . Our run offense is garbage too , all the strengths from last year are gone and all we have now is a passing game , it would be nice to actually have everything hitting on all cylinders.

What if I told you our rush D is currently #14 and just severely limited Jon Jacobs (#7) and Derrick Henry  (#2) in back to back games? (We were #10 last year vs rush)

That's not to say our D doesn't need a serious improvement if we're going to get anywhere, but there's a difference between needs improvement, and "garbage"

One thing though, we truly need better depth at some key spots because injuries do happen.  We are thin as boardinghouse PB at LB and CB.

• Like (+1) 2

id take him for a 2nd.  an extra talented body upfront and a big dude given a second chance is often a good thing for at least a year or so.

it would protect our LBs from blockers and allow them to make some plays.

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

Second round pick for a guy who sits in the bench for 50% of their snaps?

No way. He’s worth a tire kick but the rate is a lot lower than a 2.  

Our Dline is built to be rotated in and out, if he gives us quality plays when in there I think a second is a great deal. How much Epnesa play when fully acclimated? I still bet less than 75%.

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Our Dline is built to be rotated in and out, if he gives us quality plays when in there I think a second is a great deal. How much Epnesa play when fully acclimated? I still bet less than 75%.

I like the upside of a Quinnen project, especially coming out of the cultural hellhole of the Jets. But the price has got to be lower than a 2d and probably about a 5-7th. The guy has not produced. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, gjv001 said:

If Beane could trade for Williams and a quality LB, that could be the shot in the arm our Defense needs.

If someone is crazy dumping players for draft picks, sure, but in general , no GM is trading his better players at this stage of the season, esp with Covid a threat to trash your roster at any moment.   The Bills roster pretty much is what it is at this point.  Star will be back next year and the 1 technique issue goes away.  Trust the Process.   No knee jerking please.   An injury ridded Bills team lost to a loaded Titans team playing at home on two weeks rest.  nuf said.   the whole "next man up" garbage is just that, garbage.   And unless Tre , Milano, TE are at full strength , I fully expect KC to put up 35-40 on Monday night as well.   We ain't playing Duck Rodgers every game this year.  

Edited by ProcessTruster

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

They MAY be giving Adam Gase a coach for life position.

MAY means could be or could not be which means worthless.

Which mean they MAY be shopping him and getting closer to the trade deadline the rumors are not going away. 

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Darnold traded to Colts 

I don’t see Darnold traded until after the season and I am going with Pittsburgh as my landing spot 

1 hour ago, colin said:

id take him for a 2nd.  an extra talented body upfront and a big dude given a second chance is often a good thing for at least a year or so.

Issue would be Bills would need to let go or trade one of our defense linemen

Yea I know

Trent Murphy

He is starting we are not trading him even for backup QB from Arizona.

Anyone else find it particularly odd that a team allegedly would be trying to trade the third overall pick less than a year and a half into his career?  For a second round pick?  That move is known as a “Rosen” I believe.  Something is up.  Either this dude is coasting and partying now that he got paid or he hates the crap show that is the coaching staff and general atmosphere of the Jest so much that he’s trying to get out and into a better situation. 

Edited by BarleyNY

31 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Anyone else find it particularly odd that a team allegedly would be trying to trade the third overall pick less than a year and a half into his career?  For a second round pick?  That move is known as a “Rosen” I believe.  Something is up.  Either this dude is coasting and partying now that he got paid or he hates the crap show that is the coaching staff and general atmosphere of the Jest so much that he’s trying to get out and into a better situation. 

They are trying to trade their "franchise" QB too. They are tanking. 

Can we get a tanking team having a fire sale that’s not in our division?

Last year Dolphins.  This year Jets.  

Good players coming free for discounted rates but were stuck in the same division as these clowns which drives up the asking price.  

Id take Q for a 2nd, absolutely.   We’d be set for the next few years with Oliver/Q on rookie contracts and, for this year, could potentially kick Jefferson outside to see if he can generate a bull rush given refs aren’t calling holding anymore.  

Wont happen though.  I highly doubt they’d let him go for a 2nd, and to us on top of it... but if I’m Beane, I’d give them the offer.... 2021 2nd and maybe an extra pick in 5th or 6th.  

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Can we get a tanking team having a fire sale that’s not in our division?

Last year Dolphins.  This year Jets.  

Good players coming free for discounted rates but were stuck in the same division as these clowns which drives up the asking price.  

Id take Q for a 2nd, absolutely.   We’d be set for the next few years with Oliver/Q on rookie contracts and, for this year, could potentially kick Jefferson outside to see if he can generate a bull rush given refs aren’t calling holding anymore.  

Wont happen though.  I highly doubt they’d let him go for a 2nd, and to us on top of it... but if I’m Beane, I’d give them the offer.... 2021 2nd and maybe an extra pick in 5th or 6th.  

What makes you think a guy who is on the bench for 50% of snaps and has yet to do anything in the NFL is worth a second round pick? 

12 minutes ago, shoshin said:

What makes you think a guy who is on the bench for 50% of snaps and has yet to do anything in the NFL is worth a second round pick? 

He’s made some plays this year.  I think he’s worth taking a shot at given he has this year, and two more after, on a rookie contract before the 5th year option. 

Edited by SCBills

5 hours ago, colin said:

The Jets would be morons to trade him for that price but you can’t discount how dumb they are.

Hes being used as a space eater/run defender like Leonard Williams was. He should be developed as a 3 tech imo ala Donald. They dont have the horses to bring pressure from the outside and their scheme seems not designed for applying pressure up the middle. Not sure why they thought this guy was a fit. Id love for the Bills to get him for a later round pick(s), which of course is not happening.

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

This front office thinks a guy who's on the bench 50% of snaps is worth a top 10 pick, whether Coach Tuesday likes to admit it or not.