Jets may also be shopping Q Williams.

MAJBobby

19 minutes ago, Mango said:

Given the draft is this a more advantageous? Asking not speculating. 

Not sure. I anticipate if we were picking late in first I probably would flip the pick as right now we would be out of range for the top end DL, CB and LB. 

issue comes both Oliver and Williams will be looking for new contracts at the same time. So only signing one. Because Allen would eat up ability to pay both. Which would likely be Williams as you are not flipping 1sts without and extension in place. 

Edited by MAJBobby

if it's a second rounder you do the deal.  one thing to keep in the back of your mind is that buffalo needs a real playoff run.  now i dont think we should mortgage the future like houston did but we need to pony up and load this team for a run. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So is it "Get 'Er Done, Beane" or "Pass"?

Hard to say. I will state point blank that I am SURE that he is a very good football player. About this I have no doubt. Still in all, I think that he went a bit early in the draft and remember saying so on this board with @BADOLBILZ.

Now, what would be the cost? That is clearly the deciding factor under any conditions. A late 1st? A 2nd and a 4th? I suppose it would depend on how much Beane (notice I said Beane, not McDermott) thinks that we need him.

That said, would the Jets trade him in the division? Normally I would say no way, but I make the case that they are CLEARLY tanking. I said this before I heard anything about this article. I think that the possibility exists that we could get him. 

As I said in another post, Lawrence in NY (NJ) would be the next Joe Namath in terms of hype, etc. He would make the owner of the Jets untold millions and increase the value of the franchise by a billion or so.

As always, jmo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I'd take him over Leveon Bell

This is my thought too.

A lot of these players just need to be in the right environment to grow.

Much like Jordan Phillips under Gase in Miami the man has a gift for draining motivation from his players.

We need another impact interior player next to Oliver and no one has really separated themselves on our current roster.