After a Big Bills Loss - Do You Avoid Internet/Media?

Irv

this board is literally the only social media I inhabit.  And for at least 24 hrs after a loss of any kind, its intolerable around here.

Funny how avatars we rarely see were suddenly all over the place telling us how doomed we are starting about the end of the third quarter.  I honestly dont know why some fans bother.

Great question!  

Actually yes.  Yes I do.  Normally in the mornings I'll switch between local news and GMFB/NFL Now as I get ready.  After a Bills loss I almost always strictly watch the local news.

And then on my way to work I usually switch between NPR and Colin Cowherd/Dan Patrick.  After a Bills loss I almost always strictly listen to just NPR.

And that's even more true the day after a primetime game.

We’ll, I would like to consider myself a well adjusted individual in the world and I also realize that sports are simply entertainment, so it doesn’t really affect me when my team gets blown out or beaten like a rented mule.....my life goes on. 

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

After a loss I definitely avoid the forum day of the game and day after. This forum follows the following pattern after a loss.

Day of Game - Everyone needs to be fired, there are no good players on this team, why even bother playing the rest of the season this team should just forfeit the rest of the season? 

Day After Game - Everything still sucks, this team isn't going anywhere, maybe we should just rebuild? 

Two Days After the Game - Most things suck but things start to stabilize even if the overall tone of the board is still more negative than it needs to be. 

Three Days After the Game - Things finally fully stabilize and the proper perspective is given to the game. 

So I avoid this board day of and day after losses especially bad losses. I can handle the two days later pessimism but things get really ridiculous right after and the day after.

That is the best time to cruise the board....everyone is in a hostile cannibalistic fan mode.

Most of the team and coaches are virtually fired, positive comments are quickly beat down, the sky is falling and we are going to be lucky just to win another game.

Edited by WideNine

4 hours ago, Irv said:

After a loss like Tuesday night, it usually takes me a couple of days to go back on internet websites and sports outlets - anything Bills/NFL related because I get so bummed out.  How do you react?   Also, I wonder if any of the mods here have data on whether traffic dies off after a big loss or not. 

Same.  Not for a competitive loss.  But an azz whuppin like Tuesday night?  I tune out the TV.