After a Big Bills Loss - Do You Avoid Internet/Media?

Irv

I actually felt more at home with the doubters and haters.

Kind of like Charlie Brown waking up from a dream where Lucy was holding the football and he was nailing the kicks, to familiar reality where the ball is yanked away.

I again felt the warm blanket of uncertainty about my team's future cover me and was left wondering when Sully would make an appearance to tuck me in.

• Haha (+1) 1

I read, listen & watch a little, but national shows I stay away from.

However 20+ years and very little positive press, seldom was there too much.

Canadian & a big basketball fan.  When you have a competitive team, which the Toronto Raptors are and there is a big, statement game that you lose (be it regular season or playoffs) big, then yup, don't want to hear or read the "I told you so, fools gold, over-rated, can't compete with elite teams......"

Let's hope for a good competitive games vs. KC (or a big win) and a better week of media after Monday.

I do. I can’t mentally handle too much negativity. If I expose myself to too much I get down and start thinking about death and then anxious about what I’m thinking. Just how my mind works.

I always delete the Twitter app from

my phone before a game and if we’ve lost I won’t reinstall it until around Friday as the focus will have shifted to the next game. 

I’ve just started reading these boards again today but focus on positive threads.

2 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I do. I can’t mentally handle too much negativity. If I expose myself to too much I get down and start thinking about death and then anxious about what I’m thinking. Just how my mind works.

I always delete the Twitter app from

my phone before a game and if we’ve lost I won’t reinstall it until around Friday as the focus will have shifted to the next game. 

I’ve just started reading these boards again today but focus on positive threads.

The last 20 years must have not been easy!!!!!😜

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

After a loss like Tuesday night, it usually takes me a couple of days to go back on internet websites and sports outlets - anything Bills/NFL related because I get so bummed out.  How do you react?   Also, I wonder if any of the mods here have data on whether traffic dies off after a big loss or not. 

I literally avoid all media , websites , radio etc . Except this site!

Glad I'm not the only one 

1 hour ago, Irv said:

After a loss like Tuesday night, it usually takes me a couple of days to go back on internet websites and sports outlets - anything Bills/NFL related because I get so bummed out.  How do you react?   Also, I wonder if any of the mods here have data on whether traffic dies off after a big loss or not. 

100%. I am only just starting to watch NFLN again today.  I like to give time for the over-reactions to die down.

• Like (+1) 1

In the past , yes. 
Im not as bent out of shape about this game Though.

The team crapped the bed. It happens. 40 years of watching this team and you learn the difference between a beat down ( Last year Philly game) and a horrible showing by the Bills.

IMO, last week, Bills game prep wise, was a joke and a clusterbleep. I’m assuming more time was spent on KC prep and it showed.

I haven’t engaged on all the doom and gloom threads as they are mostly dumb.

2 hours ago, Irv said:

I am definitely guilty of this. Today is the first day back on the sites doing any real surfing and thats due to the possibility of Bell. 

While it is clearly not the end of the world being 4-1, I was disgusted with how the game played out (especially when all I needed was for Josh Allen to score more points than Jonnu Smith to win my very competitive fantasy game).

After a loss I definitely avoid the forum day of the game and day after. This forum follows the following pattern after a loss.

Day of Game - Everyone needs to be fired, there are no good players on this team, why even bother playing the rest of the season this team should just forfeit the rest of the season? 

Day After Game - Everything still sucks, this team isn't going anywhere, maybe we should just rebuild? 

Two Days After the Game - Most things suck but things start to stabilize even if the overall tone of the board is still more negative than it needs to be. 

Three Days After the Game - Things finally fully stabilize and the proper perspective is given to the game. 

So I avoid this board day of and day after losses especially bad losses. I can handle the two days later pessimism but things get really ridiculous right after and the day after.

• Like (+1) 2