After a Big Bills Loss - Do You Avoid Internet/Media?

Irv

After a loss like Tuesday night, it usually takes me a couple of days to go back on internet websites and sports outlets - anything Bills/NFL related because I get so bummed out.  How do you react?   Also, I wonder if any of the mods here have data on whether traffic dies off after a big loss or not. 

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Not completely - but much more than normal.

The hot takes can be silly.  I started to look at a few after the game - "Allen is who we thought," "Bills always start hot & fizzle," "overrated," et al.  That was enough; haven't looked much since.

• Like (+1) 2

I usually avoid this board for a day or so. Let all of the ridiculous "hot takes" subside, like firing the d-coordinator of the defense that's been top-2 the last 2 years and top-7 EVERY year since he's been here after a couple bad games. 

Once all that crap dies down, I'm back.

• Like (+1) 3

Yeah, same. I avoid Twitter in general but I do like to check in during the games just to see what the talking heads think on close calls or whatever. The board can get pretty doom and gloom during and after a loss so I'll steer clear for a couple of days. It was a rough game but they've had those each year McDermott has been here. I dunno if they just went thru the motions or if the rescheduling threw them off or if the lot of them are all playing really banged up right now. It would've been a much closer game without the turnovers and having to defend drives that started at the 16 and crap. Andre Roberts also had a downright awful game, caused two turnovers on his own. And the officials seemed to have moved on from "It's a strange season, ease up on the flags, let 'em play" to "Don't let 'em play or the world will forget about the absolute most important part of any game in history, us, the officials! Call flags for all bull####, take TDs off the board on non-existent procedural penalties! Be seen and be heard my little striped zebra men!" 

Fudge. Sometimes I really hate this GD game. 

9 minutes ago, Irv said:

After a loss like Tuesday night, it usually takes me a couple of days to go back on internet websites and sports outlets - anything Bills/NFL related because I get so bummed out.  How do you react?   Also, I wonder if any of the mods here have data on whether traffic dies off after a big loss or not. 

I had Dan Patrick on for 5 minutes ans he said "up next we talk with Derrick Henry".  Turned it off immediately.  This is about the only site I will come to until the next game just to avoid reliving the loss from the perspective of non-Bills fans.

I avoid the NFL media shows...GMFB, ESPN, etc.  I don't read the Buffalo News sports as closely unless I see that the local media is judging them as harshly as one might expect.  I did watch One Bills Live and was okay with their take.  In general, though, I need time to process the loss myself beforehand.

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I don’t.  Not the next day.  I’ve learned to avoid the thread during the game.  The number of hacks who just come on to over-react and yell about how bad the team is based on one play has become absurd.

It is super ridiculous. We need a strike system. If you get too many meh 😒 reactions you’re muted for two hours. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Irv said:

Of course not, it is a freaking game. Not life or death or worth changing your personal life over. Well, except maybe Monday when I may leave work early to watch the game live  ;) 

Just on here now. Your's was the first thread I read.

I get so amped up when they are winning I feel they let me down personally - especially in a nationally televised game. I know that's ridiculous but comes with being fan(actic). If they had won I'd be drinking the coolaid and reading every article I could find. When they lose I hide until the hurt wears off.

• Like (+1) 4