Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ocho Cinco Chimed in

FWIW, Bell seems to have some kind of friendship with Cole Beasley.  Bell, Beasley, and Nate Burleson did a podcast on "Unfiltered" called "17 weeks" last year.

It was kind of "meh" content with occasional points of interest, but the sound quality and production were fantastic - they musta been able to afford top equipment

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

FWIW, Bell seems to have some kind of friendship with Cole Beasley.  Bell, Beasley, and Nate Burleson did a podcast on "Unfiltered" called "17 weeks" last year.

It was kind of "meh" content with occasional points of interest, but the sound quality and production were fantastic - they musta been able to afford top equipment

Both rappers, I believe

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Motorin' said:

He has a career 4.1 yards per carry (same as Bell). He's caught 75% of the targets thrown to him for 7.8 yards per reception. He's never been given the opportunity to bring his production to scale over the course of an entire season. 

If you watched him in Jax he’s a complimentary back at best. doesn’t handle Full time duties well. 

I wouldn't say no but would signing him make the Bills look desperate? And think of the fan reaction of the Bills signing a RB before addressing the defensive line (not that you can do too much right now anyways) Stay the course boys, we still have 11 games to go and plenty more chances to improve our playoff odds.

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Exactly. I wouldn't give him a contract with term but bring him in for the rest of this year is a no brainer.  I think he would buy into McDermott's process especially since the Bills are a winning team.

It's a vet minimum deal with the Jets picking up whatever is left of the $6 million he is owed...basically the Jets are going to be paying him to play somewhere else

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If you watched him in Jax he’s a complimentary back at best. doesn’t handle Full time duties well. 

I can't say that I watched him closely in Jax, but always assumed Fournette was the reason his workload diminished. 

Just now, Mr. K said:

I wouldn't say no but would signing him make the Bills look desperate? And think of the fan reaction of the Bills signing a RB before addressing the defensive line (not that you can do too much right now anyways) Stay the course boys, we still have 11 games to go and plenty more chances to improve our playoff odds.

Bell is a FA and a decent back.

Name a decent FA Lineman.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

He has a career 4.1 yards per carry (same as Bell). He's caught 75% of the targets thrown to him for 7.8 yards per reception. He's never been given the opportunity to bring his production to scale over the course of an entire season. 

Agreed. I didn't see any issue w his blocking on Tuesday night either. He had one very nice blitz pickup that I recall. It's not as if Singletary is a good blocker...

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

15 games behind the maybe the worst OL in the league and definitely the worst HC.  

He is much better than he was able to show with the jets.  He’s not what he was with the Steelers, but can he be better than Moss/Yeldon.  Absolutely 

Soon

So you're saying the poor run game tis year is on Singletary/Moss and Yeldon, not the run blocking?  That's an interesting take..

Again--he was "used" extensively on the Jets last year.  Tons of touches.  

1 minute ago, SmokinES3 said:

Agreed. I didn't see any issue w his blocking on Tuesday night either. He had one very nice blitz pickup that I recall. It's not as if Singletary is a good blocker...

Singletary wasn't last year but he has been this year...very much improved.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or a sound engineer.... unlike one bills live. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

It never looks desperate to sign a talented player who is available.

Exactly the kind of move the Pats would make. And if they made it, no one would cry desperation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I can't say that I watched him closely in Jax, but always assumed Fournette was the reason his workload diminished. 

Right just as yeldon was part of the reasoning for drafting fournette- he was a healthy scratch for almost half his third season in Jax. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, MarkyMannn said:

Wow when I saw this thread I thought 98% of posters would be so against this.  LOL 98% for!  I like it too

There's no reason to be against it. There is 0 risk, assuming he signs a one year deal obviously. The jets will be paying him so whoever signs him will basically be getting a potentially big time playmaker for free

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

i CAN NOT BELIEVE people are saying no, we have Yeldon!  pass the dutch this way my friends

LOL.

People saying "pass on Le'Veon Bell" when he's coming out of a "Gase" situation and saying the answer is give the ball to Yeldon more need to sit a couple plays out.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1