Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

Don’t expect me to trash the guy because the Bills didn’t sign him, he’s a good back the Jets just suck but of course he’d go to the Chiefs over Buffalo. It’s not that the Bills aren’t desirable, it’s just that the Chiefs are coming off a Super Bowl win and as good as Daboll has been Andy Reid has consistently been one of the best for 20 years now. Obvious choice. He’ll do well there.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

Don’t expect me to trash the guy because the Bills didn’t sign him, he’s a good back the Jets just suck but of course he’d go to the Chiefs over Buffalo. It’s not that the Bills aren’t desirable, it’s just that the Chiefs are coming off a Super Bowl win and as good as Daboll has been Andy Reid has consistently been one of the best for 20 years now. Obvious choice. He’ll do well there.

Exactly, I mean does anyone here who had to bet their house/some prized possession be willing to bet that Bills make it further then the Chiefs. I love the Bills more then anything else in sports, but gun to my head, sorry but I'm going KC. 

• Like (+1) 1

Well, good for them! They certainly needed some more weapons........

Wait till he pulls the old hammy again and misses another quarter of the season.  I hope they paid a fortune, even if it’s subsidized the first year. 

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

He had a great line in Pittsburgh. All that "patient runner" talk is nonsense. If you have time to be patient it means you're line is creating lanes. When given a running lane an average RB can appear great. 

He’s certainly experienced both ends of the spectrum between the Steelers and the Jests. That looked like two different players. 

14 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Man, how brutal is it that the Chiefs get to add a weapon of this caliber. I know they dropped one to the Raiders, but if Bell is half the player he was with Pittsburgh, pencil them in to repeat.

Eh.  KC is a great team, no question, but someone up thread had the cogent point: If Bell goes on the field, means another potent weapon has to come off for them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

He hasn't been a special talent for going on 3 seasons now.

He won't even be the #1 RB in KC.

How much money has this guy lost through the terrible mis-management of his career?

The silver lining is we can still enjoy that.   He'd be on year 3 of his 5 year, $70mm deal with the undefeated Steelers by now.

35 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I mean, he may?  Maybe it's all Gase and the Jets sucky OL.

But the fact is, the last year Bell was a top back in the league was 2017. 

2018, sat out. 

2019, 15 games, 16 rpg, 52.6 ypg. 

That put him 24th in the league.  Motor Singletary was 16th. 

Maybe it was the team and the talent surrounding him (or not surrounding him) in New Jersey, and all will be great in KC.

Or maybe he's lost a step

Maybe he'll get 20 or 25 or 30 carries per game.  Or maybe he'll get 8 and pitch a tantrum.

Time will tell.

I'm not "sour grapes"ing here, really, if Beane wanted him I would be all for giving him a shot because he was a great back and maybe still is.

But the whole reason he's on the market is that "maybe"

22 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Man, how brutal is it that the Chiefs get to add a weapon of this caliber. I know they dropped one to the Raiders, but if Bell is half the player he was with Pittsburgh, pencil them in to repeat.

I don’t think he’s the difference between them repeating or not, but we will see. 

17 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

He had a great line in Pittsburgh. All that "patient runner" talk is nonsense. If you have time to be patient it means you're line is creating lanes. When given a running lane an average RB can appear great. 

I might be wrong, but I think I remember seeing a film study on espn or something showing the patience. It might have been a fluff piece but it convinced me. I have done zero film study and have only seen him play if they were playing the Bills (in general). So Im going to disagree with you, but I have little to no evidence to back me up. :)

2 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I might be wrong, but I think I remember seeing a film study on espn or something showing the patience. It might have been a fluff piece but it convinced me. I have done zero film study and have only seen him play if they were playing the Bills (in general). So Im going to disagree with you, but I have little to no evidence to back me up. :)

He is a patient runner, but @RaoulDuke79 point is still valid: you can only be a patient runner if your OL is keeping defenders off you and opening holes.

You'll be patient at the bottom of a pile in the backfield, else.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, he may?  Maybe it's all Gase and the Jets sucky OL.

But the fact is, the last year Bell was a top back in the league was 2017. 

2018, sat out. 

2019, 15 games, 16 rpg, 52.6 ypg. 

That put him 24th in the league.  Motor Singletary was 16th. 

Maybe it was the team and the talent surrounding him (or not surrounding him) in New Jersey, and all will be great in KC.

Or maybe he's lost a step

Maybe he'll get 20 or 25 or 30 carries per game.  Or maybe he'll get 8 and pitch a tantrum.

Time will tell.

I'm not "sour grapes"ing here, really, if Beane wanted him I would be all for giving him a shot because he was a great back and maybe still is.

But the whole reason he's on the market is that "maybe"

And Bell was a top back in 2017 only in terms of workload.

His ypa in 2017 was 4.0.........nearly a full yard drop from his previous few seasons and below league average.

2016 was the last year where he was an elite RB....dominant in terms of workload and yards per attempt.........that's now 5 seasons ago.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And Bell was a top back in 2017 only in terms of workload.

His ypa in 2017 was 4.0.........nearly a full yard drop from his previous few seasons and below league average.

2016 was the last year where he was an elite RB....dominant in terms of workload and yards per attempt.........that's now 5 seasons ago.

Valid.  Last year on the Jets 3.2 ypa.

Again, it's possible it's all because of Gase and the OL and the play design.  It's possible that the workload in Pittsburgh was wearing him down, and he's all rested up with "fresh legs" now.

But it's also possible that his dominant days are gone.

This is a b-word move. He shows that he has no ability to help raise a franchise and instead just goes and joins the best team in football. I hope Edwards-Hilaire outplays him and he stays as backup. 

Except for the Jets game. I'd love to see him go full 2016 Steelers on the Jets. 

And I don't think the Bills need him. If there's a mid-season top LB available, that's different. 

Edited by shoshin

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He is a patient runner, but @RaoulDuke79 point is still valid: you can only be a patient runner if your OL is keeping defenders off you and opening holes.

You'll be patient at the bottom of a pile in the backfield, else.

For sure I agree. I will also admit it seems I didnt read all the way through @RaoulDuke79 's post before I started typing. I think we are all on the same page in our beliefs on this!