Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Call me crazy, but I think the Dolphins are a borderline WC team this year. They are a scary team to play. They can score and they are well coached.

I'd be very surprised if they aren't on that 'in the hunt' graphic they start showing on TV come December.   They stuck right with Buffalo and Seattle and have blown out two teams.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Call me crazy, but I think the Dolphins are a borderline WC team this year. They are a scary team to play. They can score and they are well coached.

Looks like that lately....wouldnt surprise me either...but they have a tough schedule down the stretch i believe....

24 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Kinda disagree. I actually think he has improved as a player since his time in Buffalo. He is better at diagnosing defenses quickly than he was 8 years ago (yes, it's been that long). He has limitations and will throw picks, but he's probably a top 15 qb right now. He has his highest QBR ever this season if you believe in that stat: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00.htm.

People have this notion that QBs can never get better late in their careers. If you look at what Fitz and Tannehill and even Carr are doing right now they're playing better than they ever have. This is what makes me so optimistic Allen is finally our franchise QB. We've seen his floor rise a ton and he could still be a couple years away from his ceiling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

People have this notion that QBs can never get better late in their careers. If you look at what Fitz and Tannehill and even Carr are doing right now they're playing better than they ever have. This is what makes me so optimistic Allen is finally our franchise QB. We've seen his floor rise a ton and he could still be a couple years away from his ceiling.

To confuse Fitz with Tannehill and Carr is a little crazy.  Fitz was not rated high coming into the league and Fitz plays above his ability no matter who his coach is.  But Fitz is who he is.  He has done it every year, he raises his team to new heights until it matters.  He has never lead his team to a playoff win but he doesn't lead a team to 0-16 fame even though some deserve it.

39 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Kinda disagree. I actually think he has improved as a player since his time in Buffalo. He is better at diagnosing defenses quickly than he was 8 years ago (yes, it's been that long). He has limitations and will throw picks, but he's probably a top 15 qb right now. He has his highest QBR ever this season if you believe in that stat: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00.htm.

He is the same guy I have seen.  Go back to his Jets time.  The year hasn't finished and he has time to disappoint

1 minute ago, Jimmyjazz said:

Im over it ! Let em go ! If We have money to burn get the o line rocking.

We don’t really have money to burn.  There’s no free agents worth a dam.  RG is our biggest issue and we have Feliciano coming back.  Our OL is pretty beastly in pass protection.  I doubt we give up a draft pick for an OL at this point.  

42 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I agree. With all that's going on it's easy to forget that we have an additional wild card team in each conference this year too.

The Dolphins finished strong last year (5-4) and while the Niners are fading, that blowout last week was pretty eye opening. I'm not real eager to face the Dolphins again with Bell and Fitzy playing Chan's screen game ...