Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

44 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Bell’s gonna love it in KC when he gets 4-5 touches per game.  Seriously, how long is he going to be happy with all those mouths to feed and being the back-up to CEH?  I guess winning helps, but Bell strikes me as the type of guy who needs lots of touches.  I see a potential bad situation brewing in KC.

agreed. I also don’t think he’s a guy that wants to win necessarily. I could be wrong. But he did sit out in Pittsburgh when that team was poised to win Super Bowls. 

I think he just wants a lot of touches and I have no idea how he will get them in KC. They can’t even feed the guys they currently have over there. Poor Sammy only runs decoy routes still. 

1 minute ago, Simon said:

One of his primary complaints in Pittsburgh was that they gave him the ball too much. :doh:

That was pretty much the moment I became convinced I wouldn't want him in a Bills uniform even if he paid for his own gas.

He’s definitely a pre madonna.  For all intensive purposes, I think he a head case similar to AB.  Looooooooow self of steam with a huge Ego.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

One of his primary complaints in Pittsburgh was that they gave him the ball too much. :doh:

That was pretty much the moment I became convinced I wouldn't want him in a Bills uniform even if he paid for his own gas.

I can’t recall what he said in Pittsburgh, but this is what he said in NY:

"I've been playing in this league for a long time. I've always been kinda used to like, getting the ball 20, 25, 30 times," said Bell, who led the NFL with 321 rushing attempts during his final season in Pittsburgh. "Because that's what my body can handle and that's the type of player I've always been. Even in college, at Michigan State, I was getting the ball that much. 

"I go to the NFL, it's been the same thing. Isn't it funny this year, because it hasn't happened. I understand (the) offense is starting got come together, and guys are starting to learn, we got a new system, and new players up front and we got new coaches and things like that. But I think, for me, I would love to put the game on my back and take games over. I haven't had one of those games this year yet. But a lot of people don't think I'm the same player or I can't do that. That's because I haven't had the opportunity to really show. As time goes on, we'll get better, we'll find a way to make things shake." 

In my opinion, bell is one of the most overrated players. He's good don't get me wrong. But his days with the Steelers were helped so much by the Steelers o-line. Being a "patient runner" usually means you have time to be patient, which means your line is giving you time. Look at how Connor came in immediately after he held out and produced right away. 

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I can’t recall what he said in Pittsburgh, but this is what he said in NY:

The season he held out in P'burgh, he was telling people it was because they were going to give him the ball too much and he wanted to protect his future value.

If he'd have tried to come back into the locker room after that nonsense, Pouncey probably would have beat his ass.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Simon said:

As far as I'm concerned, Beane and McDermott have earned the benefit of the doubt on player personnel matters.  Yes, occasional mis-steps but overall strong record.

If they wanted Bell, I'd be like "OK, maybe he'll be good for us".

If his behavior holding out from Pitts. didn't say enough, that bit where he was ruled out of a game with the Ravens due to flu on Saturday, and went bowling hours later.  In North Jersey they said "no big deal" but IMO - if you're so sick you can't play or might infect people, WTF are you doing at a bowling alley infecting people?  And just not a team-spirited way to behave.

I think he picked the team with the best established run blocking.  I can't blame him for not wanting the Bills as I'm not persuaded we can run block at this point.  There are few backs in the NFL who can make yards without expert blocking, and Bell isn't one of them.

Like I said, I would have been "benefit of the doubt, McBeane know best" if we signed him but I'm not sorry we didn't.  Poor fit IMO.

4 minutes ago, die hard bills fan said:

This is going to backfire on KC.

I think it's going to be a non-issue for KC on a one year deal.  It'll be "Fit, or Sit".  They have a strong locker room.  I think it's "McCoy Part Deux" where he really doesn't do too much for them.

But if he thinks he's going to get the ball 20, 25, 30 times a game in KC, he can think again.  Edwards-Helaire is getting the ball maybe 15-16x/game

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He’s definitely a pre madonna.  For all intensive purposes, I think he a head case similar to AB.  Looooooooow self of steam with a huge Ego.

He's living in an era of post Madonnas, Post Malones, in fact. Still wouldn't want a pre or post Madonna on this team, regardless. 

With all the incentive to show up to the Jets in the best shape of his career, primed to dominate and show the Steelers wrong, he instead showed up to the Jets fat and out of football shape.

The only ones who should be worried are the Chiefs.