Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

11 minutes ago, Screwball said:

2020-10-15 18_47_51-Adam Schefter _ Facebook.jpg

Good to see the Bills at least try,  the fact is the Chiefs have way more talent on both sides on the ball and unless Beanne picks up some game changer on defensive side of the ball the Bills will have tough time getting past Chiefs.  Only thing that could that is health of the Chiefs.

Kudos to Bills for being pro active to improve the team

• Like (+1) 2

Bell’s gonna love it in KC when he gets 4-5 touches per game.  Seriously, how long is he going to be happy with all those mouths to feed and being the back-up to CEH?  I guess winning helps, but Bell strikes me as the type of guy who needs lots of touches.  I see a potential bad situation brewing in KC.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Bell’s gonna love it in KC when he gets 4-5 touches per game.  Seriously, how long is he going to be happy with all those mouths to feed and being the back-up to CEH?  I guess winning helps, but Bell strikes me as the type of guy who needs lots of touches.  I see a potential bad situation brewing in KC.

It's a one year deal.. I'm sure he'll be chasing the money and feature back status this off-season

Looking at his choice if the Chiefs says a lot. He wants a shot at a ring  WITHOUT beingThe primary back. Fits with his present performance, he didn’t want to be THE guy or Miami would probably have been very attractive. I think he knows he is not the same back that was in Pittsburgh ;  if he was still confident there is no way he would settle ,given his ego, to just be a role player getting 8-10 touches a game which is the likely scenario in KC.   The big concern in my eyes is what does this say about Moss’s  health. Why go after Bell ,who would have had to be  released.?  Jones, Yeldon, or is Moss close to IR with a nagging injury?   I see this as concern because if they have faith in Moss, why go after a struggling vet back who has.not produced in three years?    We all see the glaring CB , LB DL issues that if not addressed or miraculously improve will drag this team down, so it does raise a red flag perhaps about Moss that Mcbean felt they had to kick the tires on Bell. I think Bills being first out says they were looking for possible insurance if Moss’s injury drags on. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Looking at his choice if the Chiefs says a lot. He wants a shot at a ring  WITHOUT beingThe primary back. Fits with his present performance, he didn’t want to be THE guy or Miami would probably have been very attractive. I think he knows he is not the same back that was in Pittsburgh ;  if he was still confident there is no way he would settle ,given his ego, to just be a role player getting 8-10 touches a game which is the likely scenario in KC.   The big concern in my eyes is what does this say about Moss’s  health. Why go after Bell ,who would have had to be  released.?  Jones, Yeldon, or is Moss close to IR with a nagging injury?   I see this as concern because if they have faith in Moss, why go after a struggling vet back who has.not produced in three years?    We all see the glaring CB , LB DL issues that if not addressed or miraculously improve will drag this team down, so it does raise a red flag perhaps about Moss that Mcbean felt they had to kick the tires on Bell. I think Bills being first out says they were looking for possible insurance if Moss’s injury drags on. 

On the one hand, I see your point.

On the other hand, I think it's always worth entering the conversation for a guy who not too long ago, was a premier player in the league.

I also think Beane had his price in mind, and wasn't interested in inflating it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

It's a one year deal.. I'm sure he'll be chasing the money and feature back status this off-season

Dude’s turning 29 in February.  He looks to me like he’s lost a step over the past two years, but people like to attribute his decline to playing for Gase/the Jets.  I guess I’ll buy that for now.

Do you really think any team is going to offer him a big contract next season?  Turning 30 and with a history of being a huge pain in the ass.  Serious question.

31 minutes ago, Screwball said:

2020-10-15 18_47_51-Adam Schefter _ Facebook.jpg

Thanks!

For sure, KC is loaded and if it's Superbowl he wants, I can't argue against them as his best bet among suitors.  I also can't argue against them as having the best proven run blocking of the three.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Dude’s turning 29 in February.  He looks to me like he’s lost a step over the past two years, but people like to attribute his decline to playing for Gase/the Jets.  I guess I’ll buy that for now.

Do you really think any team is going to offer him a big contract next season?  Turning 30 and with a history of being a huge pain in the ass.  Serious question.

I think it will depend upon how/what he does in KC

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it will depend upon how/what he does in KC

Exactly, which is why I am puzzled as to why he didn’t choose MIA where it seems like he could have been the feature back almost immediately.  

Perhaps he is content with the $ he’s accrued already, and just wants a ring? 🤷🏾‍♂️

14 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

This is a very centered take.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Exactly, which is why I am puzzled as to why he didn’t choose MIA where it seems like he could have been the feature back almost immediately.  

Perhaps he is content with the $ he’s accrued already, and just wants a ring? 🤷🏾‍♂️

I heard the weed is better in KC

If he had to go to a team that the Bills have to face, I'd rather it be KC versus Miami.  KC has so many weapons, to get Bell in the game one of those other weapons will need to come off the field.  In Miami he might have been a difference maker.  I don't see that in KC.

I appreciate the Bills making an effort.  Now that we lost out, I'd like to see them use Yeldon in the roll they may have envisioned Bell.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

If he had to go to a team that the Bills have to face, I'd rather it be KC versus Miami.  KC has so many weapons, to get Bell in the game one of those other weapons will need to come off the field.  In Miami he might have been a difference maker.  I don't see that in KC.

I appreciate the Bills making an effort.  Now that we lost out, I'd like to see them use Yeldon in the roll they may have envisioned Bell.

I agree with this

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Seriously, how long is he going to be happy with all those mouths to feed and being the back-up to CEH?  I guess winning helps, but Bell strikes me as the type of guy who needs lots of touches. 

One of his primary complaints in Pittsburgh was that they gave him the ball too much. :doh:

That was pretty much the moment I became convinced I wouldn't want him in a Bills uniform even if he paid for his own gas.

• Haha (+1) 1