Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

6 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

To confuse Fitz with Tannehill and Carr is a little crazy.  Fitz was not rated high coming into the league and Fitz plays above his ability no matter who his coach is.  But Fitz is who he is.  He has done it every year, he raises his team to new heights until it matters.  He has never lead his team to a playoff win but he doesn't lead a team to 0-16 fame even though some deserve it.

Fitz has never led a team to the playoffs

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I was totally indifferent on Bell anyway......now if a pass rusher springs open or a legit 1 tech is available....I am open to that

he would have helped in the passing game... ehhh whatever... like you I would rather find a pass rusher... 

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Good. Bell does nothing for me 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I was totally indifferent on Bell anyway......now if a pass rusher springs open or a legit 1 tech is available....I am open to that

The ink isn't even applied (much less dry) on the Dolphins-Bell contract and we're already seeing the "we should count ourselves lucky that he didn't choose the Bills" posts ...

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The ink isn't even applied (much less dry) on the Dolphins-Bell contract and we're already seeing the "we should count ourselves lucky that he didn't choose the Bills" posts ...

Felt that way as soon as he was cut......

Bell is not Shady.....there is just something off about him

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Felt that way as soon as he was cut......

Bell is not Shady.....there is just something off about him

Oh, I agree ... at this point (28, missing a full season, coming back with a season+ of 3.2 YPC) there's no reason to think he could carry an offense like he did in Pittsburgh in 2017. 

But I still think he's at a minimum a productive role player, particularly in the passing game, and would have been a nice fit on this offense. On Miami's or KC's too unfortunately .... basically anywhere other than the NYJ.

No great loss.  He has been ineffective and often injured since his return.  He would be the relief back in KC.  Could earn starter snaps in Miami, so I expect that is where he goes.  That is the right situation for a me first player like Bell.  

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

this has been my perspective on Bell prior to knowing where he signed. I didn’t think the regime would benefit, or even want, him. Never expected to be in the running 

14 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

McD probably told him he has to earn his touches

Well, if he goes to KC or Miami he has lots of competitors for touches out of the backfield.

Here? Singletary, who McD has thus far not wanted to ride very hard (even Moss got the starts before he got hurt), the rookie Moss, and Yeldon, who's been a healthy inactive for most of his Bills time.

I would’ve offered him a 2 year deal, but who knows what he’s signing for... if it’s a Melvin Gordon type deal than I get why we are apparently out.  

It’s frustrating that we all feel we need to supercharge our offense because our defense is so bad, but hopefully they get it figured out and we don’t need to be scoring TD’s 80% of our possessions per game. 

32 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

People have this notion that QBs can never get better late in their careers. If you look at what Fitz and Tannehill and even Carr are doing right now they're playing better than they ever have. This is what makes me so optimistic Allen is finally our franchise QB. We've seen his floor rise a ton and he could still be a couple years away from his ceiling.

There has to be a baseline of talent to work with, but yeah get them in a scheme that fits their skills and no doubt they can be successful.

Just now, Brennan Huff said:

Me 2 hrs ago: Bell is still a top 5 back in the league in the right system. We should definitely sign him

Me right now: ***** that guy he was never that great anyways. He’s always been overrated in my book

Me too. At least we have that self-awareness!

Second reaction: dodged a bullet like with Antonio Brown.

• Like (+1) 1

Has Bell definitely signed with Miami?

These are some tweets I found about his offer there.  I suspect, too rich for Beane's blood, considering recent history

Now this could be complete Ca-ca but if he's wanting a 4 yr $48M contract with big guarantees - I think Beane will sincerely wish him the very best of luck.

I mean, the dude is 28 yrs  240 days old

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Has Bell definitely signed with Miami?

These are some tweets I found about his offer there.  I suspect, too rich for Beane's blood, considering recent history

Now this could be complete Ca-ca but if he's wanting a 4 yr $48M contract with big guarantees - I think Beane will sincerely wish him the very best of luck.

I mean, the dude is 28 yrs  240 days old

Don’t know. Twitter is down 

update it is back up. I don’t think we find out for a bit. He can’t play this week because of COVID Protocols so at this point he might just be trying to drive up offers as he doesn’t need to really sign until Saturday to be able to play next week. 

Edited by MAJBobby