Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

Just now, Mark Vader said:

If they didn't then the interim coach would more likely be Greggo.

That doesn't scare me.

But if Gase is so hated in the locker room than I could see them showing some fight with GW just because they are happy Gase is gone. The Bills should win no matter what but with Gase it will be easier. They are a dead team walking right now.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Billsman623 said:

He could but I would think he would save that til he gets older since you can only claim it once in your career. Might want to wait until he gets cut when he is like 33 and done.

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Dolphins are way more attractive than you give them credit for. Their rebuild is further along, they have a strong coach, they have Tua, and it's Miami.

Tua hasn't even played a snap in the NFL yet.  Let's pump the brakes.  Josh Rosen was supposed to be the next great thing too, remember?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, starrymessenger said:

Well that certainly makes sense but I'd like to know how you negotiate a double dip. Not that I care about them, but I could see how the jets might not like that very much. I guess the lawyers have a way to do this. 

Maybe but maybe not  You can only claim termination pay one time in your career. I would think he might want to wait until he gets cut when he is old and on a big contract since he will likely not get another one...maybe in his 30s?

I’d love to have Bell in a Bills uni, but realistically his running style just doesn’t fit our scheme. McClappy seems to want a downhill runner and Bell dances through holes....our online just can’t sustain a style like that.

Just now, Sweats said:

I’d love to have Bell in a Bills uni, but realistically his running style just doesn’t fit our scheme. McClappy seems to want a downhill runner and Bell dances through holes....our online just can’t sustain a style like that.

I love motor, but he’s definitely not a downhill style runner

1 minute ago, Sweats said:

Pass protection and route running ability is why they want him.  Not running style.  Why can't people get this?

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Good question.  "working from home", as he kind of would be--he would likely be liable for NJ state income tax (unless the Jets open an office in FLA that he worked in).. but if he lives in FLA (not NJ) 365 dyas a year, I think he would be refunded the tax by NJ--even if he wasn't "working".

It would depend on the reciprocity rules with each states tax code. Out of state earnings can be a PITA. I had earnings is 26 states one year.... total nightmare to sort out without a CPA. As a VA resident I can tell you that there was no refund from NY or NJ, but there was reciprocity with PA, KY, DC, etc. 

3 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Well that certainly makes sense but I'd like to know how you negotiate a double dip. Not that I care about them, but I could see how the jets might not like that very much. I guess the lawyers have a way to do this. 

He's not negotiating a double dip, he's negotiating TO double dip.

Meaning, telling the new team(s) that they are not going to get any salary help from what the Jets owe. The new team is starting at $0 instead of the $5.5M.

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

It would depend on the reciprocity rules with each states tax code. Out of state earnings can be a PITA. I had earnings is 26 states one year.... total nightmare to sort out without a CPA. As a VA resident I can tell you that there was no refund from NY or NJ, but there was reciprocity with PA, KY, DC, etc. 

Would he still be considered to be "working" where the Jets are playing since he is getting paid from them?

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Maybe but maybe not  You can only claim termination pay one time in your career. I would think he might want to wait until he gets cut when he is old and on a big contract since he will likely not get another one...maybe in his 30s?

This is decision is getting a lot more complex than just being able to shoot deer from your back porch

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Meaning, telling the new team(s) that they are not going to get any salary help from what the Jets owe. The new team is starting at $0 instead of the $5.5M.

That is not necessarily true.  That is only speculation on the reporters part.  That is a BIG decision because you can only claim that once in your NFL career and I would think a player would want to claim that on their last contract when they get cut rather than in the prime of their career when they really don't need to.

Edited by matter2003

Just now, matter2003 said:

That is not necessarily true.  That is only speculation on the reporters part.  That is a big decision because you can only claim hat once in your NFL career and I would think a player would want to claim that on their last contract when they get cut rather than in the prime of their career.

I was answering starry's question, not saying it was actually happening.

STOP NIT PICKING ME BROOOOO :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This right there tells me "stay away."