Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

7 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

So then the Jets pay 7m less instead of 6mm. You would have to take over the Jets contract and then add the adjustment for the difference in taxes on an after tax basis. 

This can't be right otherwise I don't see how the Bills could even be in the room with him.

Jets would be off the hook if the Bills payed 7 mil, no?

1 minute ago, Mango said:

So just to clarify, this does become a bidding war if he wants it to? So NJ is on the hokk for $5.5 or 6M, whatever, regardless of the contract from the new team. The new team contract is all net new income for him? 

Am I reading this right? 

If that is the deal,  the Bills have a great shot because Dolphins are rebuilding and Chiefs are at the cap limit.

this team has bigger issues than RB imo.    sure Bell could help,  or he could hurt the locker room.    clearly we need LBs and pass rushers more.

if we sign Bell,  it better be for value, and he better be dumped at the first sign he turns me first,  instead of team first.  end of story.

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

So just to clarify, this does become a bidding war if he wants it to? So NJ is on the hokk for $5.5 or 6M, whatever, regardless of the contract from the new team. The new team contract is all net new income for him? 

Am I reading this right? 

correct.

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

If that is the deal,  the Bills have a great shot because Dolphins are rebuilding and Chiefs are at the cap limit.

Dolphins are way more attractive than you give them credit for. Their rebuild is further along, they have a strong coach, they have Tua, and it's Miami.

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

How about 10 years $100 million?

adam-gase-3.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/adam-gase-could-be-fired-as-soon-as-november-1-2020/

Says here he will most likely be fired sooner rather than later. Only reason they are keeping him around is so Chris Johnson can save face given that he gave him a vote of confidence. I just hope they keep around for next week's Bills vs Jets game.

Just now, Greg S said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/adam-gase-could-be-fired-as-soon-as-november-1-2020/

Says here he will most likely be fired sooner rather than later. Only reason they are keeping him around is so Chris Johnson can save face given that he gave him a vote of confidence. I just hope they keep around for next week's Bills vs Jets game.

But his coaches love him. They said so when he asked.

Just now, Greg S said:

If they didn't then the interim coach would more likely be Greggo.

That doesn't scare me.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Jets would be off the hook if the Bills payed 7 mil, no?

I would think so but looks to me like Bell is getting the same amount, just 1 MM more from the Bills and 1MM less from the Jets. Either way he's getting the same (Jets contract) amount. 

The Bills are in the game so I must be missing something, basically how the bottom line to Bell can be enhanced without a corresponding reduction in what the Jets already have to pay him. Money seems to be an issue in these negotiations so there must be a way.

I'm all for getting LeVeon.  

But, only if Daboll and company study how Pitt used him and use him the same way.  I saw him run all over us in the snow ❄ at the Ralph in 2016. Study that "tape" among others.   For the Jets he was ineffective probably cuz the Jets did not use him properly.