Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

It is an account that tweets out fake stories...he sent out and then deleted tweets saying Bell signed with the Chiefs and Dolphins also.

Nope, Holland

People need to go to his account and kick his butt,  total loser with nothing better to do but fake reports.  

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

What happens if he doesnt sign with anyone and stays at home in Florida and the Jets pay him the owed $6M?

Good question.  "working from home", as he kind of would be--he would likely be liable for NJ state income tax (unless the Jets open an office in FLA that he worked in).. but if he lives in FLA (not NJ) 365 dyas a year, I think he would be refunded the tax by NJ--even if he wasn't "working".

4 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

So a player gets to pay tax at a zero rate on 50% of his comp  (8 home games in Florida or Nevada) and a blended rate on the other 8 games. The difference between the top marginal NY rate and the Florida rate is north of 8%. On Bell's contract that's a big number. I don't know how the Bills compensate for that since anything they pay just reduces what the Jets pay. There must be mechanism otherwise the Bills could not be competitive with Miami financially.

Good question.  The Bills could offer him 7 million, I guess.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Good question.  The Bills could offer him 7 million, I guess.

So then the Jets pay 7m less instead of 6mm. You would have to take over the Jets contract and then add the adjustment for the difference in taxes on an after tax basis. 

This can't be right otherwise I don't see how the Bills could even be in the room with him.

3 minutes ago, Billsman623 said:

So just to clarify, this does become a bidding war if he wants it to? So NJ is on the hokk for $5.5 or 6M, whatever, regardless of the contract from the new team. The new team contract is all net new income for him? 

Am I reading this right? 

1 minute ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Why did the Jets cut him?

Previous GM signed him. Gase never wanted him and he never wanted to play for Gase.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Not gonna be so funny when they suck their way into Trevor Lawrence.  

The Jets will ruin him too. And Im not too impressed with Lawrence in general. He's hardly the best QB prospect from the last few years.