Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

Of the reported "finalists" only one team could make him their workhorse (if that's what he actually wants) and has a good chance at winning a lot this season.

With the Chiefs, he'd be their short yardage go-to. With the fish, there is little chance of making it into the playoffs,, let alone deep.

All that said, I have really liked Singeltary. I don't know why he doesn't get more carries. I trust Daboll and the o-crew, so I presume there must be more to all this than we see on gamedays.

Edited by scribo

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I won't deny that Singletary & Moss have hardly wowed with their production. And aside from the Titans game, the coaches for some bizarre reason just refuse to give TJ Yeldon a shot. Also Bell is the type of RB who needs some gaps to run thru. And right now that's not happening with this one dimensional OL. Maybe league minimum only I could live with. But somehow we have to create a run game. 

Exactly, our run game sucks, so I don't have a problem bringing him in for an extended tryout, but I get the same vibe as I did with the Kelvin Benjamin acquisition.  A signing that gets the fanbase excited, but a player whose best days are far behind them that will be out of the league within two years.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I hadn't bothered to check until now. Shady's rushing stats this year look like Reggie Bush's Bills stats:

4 games, 2 carries, -2 yards.

But 9 catches for 54 yards so Brady's found some use for him.

Yeah.  I just think Bell is being undervalued because he was part of a god awful offense on an even worse team, led by one of the worst coaches ever.

• Like (+1) 2

Bell still has something to iffer.

Remember the play he got hurt on against the Bills? He torched Milano and only a bad pass by Darnold prevented what should have been a big play by the Jets.

Edited by Beast

Signing Bell makes sense, as we need something that we apparently are missing in the rushing attack. Drafting Moss shows Beane wanted a big back, but his bad toe hasn't allowed us to use him so far. If Bell didn't work out, we aren't any worse than now.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, scribo said:

Signing Bell makes sense, as we need something that we apparently are missing in the rushing attack. Drafting Moss shows Beane wanted a big back, but his bad toe hasn't allowed us to use him so far. If Bell didn't work out, we aren't any worse than now.

I'd get more excited about acquiring Richie Incognito more so than Bell, if we are going to try and improve the rushing game.

Or a quality OL of Incognito's caliber who can actually run block.  Our OL is terrible in this regard.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, scribo said:

Of the reported "finalists" only one team could make him their workhorse (if that's what he actually wants) and has a good chance at winning a lot this season.

With the Chiefs, he'd be their short yardage go-to. With the fish, there is little chance of making it into the playoffs,, let alone deep.

All that said, I have really liked Singeltary. I don't know why he doesn't get more carries. I trust Daboll and the o-crew, so I presume there must be more to all this than we see on gamedays.

Just think of it this way - Bell will replace what we've gotten from Zack Moss and T.J. Yeldon in his place. Either they redshirt Moss with his toe or Yeldon is released and moved to the Practice Squad. They'd roll with Bell and Singletary on game day and I don't think Singletary's carries would change all that much. 

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I'd get more excited about acquiring Richie Incognito more so than Bell, if we are going to try and improve the rushing game.

Or a quality OL of Incognito's caliber who can actually run block.  Our OL is terrible in this regard.

I wouldnt considering he's on IR with an Achilles injury https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/raiders-place-richie-incognito-on-ir-with-achilles-injury/ar-BB19me0H

But yeah some help is needed for sure

Edited by brianthomas

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Signing Bell wouldn't be done to improve the rushing game.