Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I want nothing to do with Bell, honestly.

so you don't think he has any game to bring to the table or is he a potential locker room cancer is that why?  I'm curious you thoughts

6 minutes ago, Muppy said:

hahaha thats awesome! I love that,  was not aware -))))

yeah we were following his Jet to Halls hometown and back to Buffalo on another site.  It gave us false hope because it must have been a coincidence as he never actually flew to Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

F Bell.  Look at upgrades for your DL or LB corp instead...and figure out why your OL run blocking sucks. 

The run blocking looks worse than it really is because we have no speed in the backfield. Rushing windows close extremely fast. Singletary is good at avoiding contact but he can't speed through the defense. He is also just average in the pass game IMO. Bell isn't a burner by any means but he's faster than Singletary and is an elite pass catcher.

• Like (+1) 1

Also I don't get the thinking that we should only be looking to improve the defense. I'm a big believer in making the strength of your team even stronger. Bell is the last piece this offense needs to become truly elite. Forget the defense, it's going to be average at best this year. Let's just out score everyone.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Back the Blue said:

Bell is all about the money and nothing more.  Pittsburgh made him very good offers, and had a great winning franchise.  If winning was important to Bell, he would have never left the Steelers. 

People can change after going through big experiences. Plus, his pay this year is already set in stone.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Also I don't get the thinking that we should only be looking to improve the defense. I'm a big believer in making the strength of your team even stronger. Bell is the last piece this offense needs to become truly elite. Forget the defense, it's going to be average at best this year. Let's just out score everyone.

Exactly.

If there were a Top 3 DL or LB who just got released, we'd be all over him. As it stands, that isnt the case.

1 minute ago, Back the Blue said:

Bell is all about the money and nothing more.  Pittsburgh made him very good offers, and had a great winning franchise.  If winning was important to Bell, he would have never left the Steelers. 

Cool, give him a big one year contract with no cap hit after 2020. Why should we care?

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

Bell is washed.  Hasn't done a thing of note on the field in 3 years.  That's an eternity when you're talking running backs.  Sure, kick the tires on him for the vet minimum, but I don't expect him to provide anything that Singletary or Yeldon aren't already providing.

On a very poor offense last year he had a pathetic YPC, but still caught 66 passes. My guess would be that his days of being an elite back and a total workhorse are behind him, but he's still a very useful player even at his 2019 standard. Better than Yeldon? Actually, probably not by much if he's the 2019 version, but there is still a good chance that he'll have a significant resurgence. Really no risk at the price.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The run blocking looks worse than it really is because we have no speed in the backfield. Rushing windows close extremely fast. Singletary is good at avoiding contact but he can't speed through the defense. He is also just average in the pass game IMO. Bell isn't a burner by any means but he's faster than Singletary and is an elite pass catcher.

I think that's true, and it's too soon to tell on Moss but he doesn't seem to be that type of runner either. If they don't get Bell I'd love to see more of the poor man's Bell -- Yeldon.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Most people don't change as much as we would like to believe they do...

I dont think he's changed much at all. Just saying its possible. And even just a little bit is all that could matter.

Plus, his money is already locked in this year, so all it comes down to is winning.

Just now, Back the Blue said:

Maybe because I’d rather see that money used to upgrade the defense instead. 😉

What defensive free agents are available that would be an upgrade? I hear what you’re saying but Bell is still great talent in the league and should produce in the right system, and he’s available 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont think he's changed much at all. Just saying its possible. And even just a little bit is all that could matter.

Plus, his money is already locked in this year, so all it comes down to is winning.

Not necessarily,

He lives in Miami and the Dolphins would feature him more than the Bills or Chiefs and that might lead to a sizeable contract after this year. 

So it still MIGHT be about the money, just not this year's money.  He might also want to actually play where he lives and is from, also.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brennan Huff said:

What defensive free agents are available that would be an upgrade? I hear what you’re saying but Bell is still great talent in the league and should produce in the right system, and he’s available 

I’m talking about Beane looking for upgrades via trade. 

4 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

Maybe because I’d rather see that money used to upgrade the defense instead. 😉

There aren't top tier defensive players getting released. The defense is what it is at this point. White and Milano coming back will help but it's going to be an average unit at best. Our offense needs to lead the team every week. The one week our offense fell off we lost the game, that isn't a coincidence.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Not necessarily,

He lives in Miami and the Dolphins would feature him more than the Bills or Chiefs and that might lead to a sizeable contract after this year. 

So it still MIGHT be about the money, just not this year's money.  He might also want to actually play where he lives and is from, also.

He’s not from Miami.  He’s from Ohio.