Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Bell >>> Williams 

I assume you’re referring to Jamaal Williams? In that case, Bell is a better receiver.  However, that’s not the argument I was making. 

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I have never had success with it.  

Depends on what you’re using it in. It tends to work best in recipes with baking soda or banana. On that note, silken tofu with baking soda, coconut oil and rice flour works well too. Problem is that the ratios change depending on the recipe. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Ok here’s the recipe:

Start with a 1/4 cup warm water (100-115 deg F), add a pinch of sugar and a single use package of dry active yeast. Allow it to activate for a few minutes until ~tripled in size.

Dump into a large bowl and add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup room temperature sour milk, 1/2 cup room temperature milk, 6 tbsp melted butter, 2 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp vanilla, 2 beaten eggs—use a mixer to get that nice and smooth.

Add in 1 tsp of salt and start adding flour 1 cup at a time until a dough ball forms when you beat it. You’ll need between 4 and 5 cups. You want it to pull cleanly away from the bowl and not stick to a clean finger when you poke it, but it needs to be supple enough to bounce back.

Once you get it there, transfer it to a clean, oven-safe bowl that you’ve greased up really well—COVER IT WITH PLASTIC WRAP. Pop that sucker in the oven at the lowest temperature possible (mine is 170) to get them yeast bros to ferment. After 45 minutes it should double in size. Take it out, gently punch it down, and turn it out onto a very well floured surface.

Using your hands, pat that sucker into a rectangle 1/4” thick. Won’t take too long. If for some reason your dough is extra sticky just add more flour 1/2 cup at a time. No big deal.

Now that you’ve got your rectangle, it’s time to add the cinnamon filling. Combine 1 tbsp cinnamon with a cup of brown sugar, and divide it in half. Melt a stick of butter in a small bowl and add a dash of vanilla. Layer half the cinnamon-sugar mixture over your rectangle and then brush with half the butter. Repeat to add another layer of goodness.

Now roll that baby up starting with the end furthest from you. Try to keep it tight but don’t freak out if it’s a bit loose or you lose some filling out the sides. No worries.

Once you’ve got a log rolled up, stop and grab a 12” long piece of dental floss. Seriously. Lift up the log and slide the center of the floss under it—the floss cuts these things perfectly.

Put the cut rolls into a 9x13 lined with parchment; it’s okay if they’re touching. Once

that’s done, cover it in plastic wrap and pop it back in the oven at the lowest setting for a second rise...takes about an hour.

Once you’re there, take em out, heat the oven to 350, and bake for 25 minutes.

Smother in cream cheese frosting and eat while reveling in the greatness of life.

That's my Saturday sorted then.

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

that looks amazing!

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

Dang, yo.....that looks amazing.

We just went away on a big vacation with 3 other groups where we all took turns making dinner and the chicken in here is what we ended up making when it was my turn. Big hit. Unfortunately the potato recipe isn't included there. I can't remember if we follow this potato recipe exactly or if we just loosely follow it, but I think this is the one that we based our lemon potatoes off of:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am actually getting my hopes up. He will be an absolute beast for us. But right when he signs with Miami, I am going to basically say, “phew— we dodged a close one. He’s washed up.” 

we love Bell - unless he signs with another team. 

So if I'm reading it correctly, he gets $13 million guaranteed by the Jets for 2020, $13 million next year.

So why would he go to Miami? That would be a great spot if his primary goal is to show that he's still a top (or even elite) RB and increase the value of his next contract. But that's not a concern for him this year.

That would bring it down to KC, where he wouldn't put up the numbers he would with the Bills, but where he'd have the best chance of winning a title. Or the Bills.

If I'm his agent, I'm advising KC is the best spot for this year -- don't put too much mileage on those aging 28 year old wheels, win (maybe even a Super Bowl), and then think about what's next.

Came here to foolishly speculate on Bell; left here hungry.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So if I'm reading it correctly, he gets $13 million guaranteed by the Jets for 2020, $13 million next year.

So why would he go to Miami? That would be a great spot if his primary goal is to show that he's still a top (or even elite) RB and increase the value of his next contract. But that's not a concern for him this year.

That would bring it down to KC, where he wouldn't put up the numbers he would with the Bills, but where he'd have the best chance of winning a title. Or the Bills.

If I'm his agent, I'm advising KC is the best spot for this year -- don't put too much mileage on those aging 28 year old wheels, win (maybe even a Super Bowl), and then think about what's next.

Came here to foolishly speculate on Bell; left here hungry.

On the Bills he has a chance to both showcase what he can do for next contract and win a SB 👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Worth it—just make sure you bring the dairy to room temperature first. It sucks when you’re all ready to rip and you discover you forgot that step.

Yea will do. I've gotten into habit of bringing my milk to room temp for pretzel dough, well scolding the milk first.

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

They don't test on game day so he wouldn't be.  Also I'm assuming testing for today is likely already been done.

He won't play this weekend/Monday, but I thought they implemented gameday testing starting this week?

25 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Bad news, guys:

Tempo Restaurant

Temporarily Closed

We will reopen as soon as we get the go-ahead from the government.
Until then, please be safe and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Thank you.

you know you are a die hard bills fan and 2bd'er when you have never lived in buffalo but just the first two words on that screen cap made you burst out loud laughing!

• Haha (+1) 1