Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

13 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

I've been harping on this to family as well and they dismiss it. He had a very good game on Sunday w limited snaps. He's proved himself useful in this league.

Yeldon has 6 rushing TDs on almost 500 carries in his career. Imagine needing to give him the ball NINETY times to score a TD.

The Yeldon love is insane.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nelius said:

We're not really comparing Le'Veon Bell to TJ Yeldon now are we?  Even if you, for some reason, have faith in Yeldon, our depth is terrible. At a minimum they need to throw another body into the mix

Nobody is comparing them. Just noting there's a good case for Yeldon getting more touches than he has. First case, Tuesday night.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

Agreed. I didn't see any issue w his blocking on Tuesday night either. He had one very nice blitz pickup that I recall. It's not as if Singletary is a good blocker...

Yeldon got a good dose of snaps Tuesday. I thought he was decent in PP, and also provided the threat of a wheel route. He did have a big whiff on a LB who had a free run at Josh. Him and Knox I believe were lined up in the backfield. I think it was Yeldon that missed big time and took off into the flat. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

LOL.

People saying "pass on Le'Veon Bell" when he's coming out of a "Gase" situation and saying the answer is give the ball to Yeldon more need to sit a couple plays out.

Isn't Bell injured? He's only suited up for 2 games this year.  Or is he faking injury? He reminds me a little bit of Antonio Brown. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

I wouldn't say no but would signing him make the Bills look desperate? And think of the fan reaction of the Bills signing a RB before addressing the defensive line (not that you can do too much right now anyways) Stay the course boys, we still have 11 games to go and plenty more chances to improve our playoff odds.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that a key difference in many teams is that 5 or 6 games in, they honestly self-inventory, assess their weaknesses, and look for key acquisitions through FA or trade that can make a difference.

I'm on the fence about Bell.  He clearly has the potential to be me-first and attitudinal - look at his holdout, look at his "I have flu, so I'm not playing...I'll go bowling instead!" excapade with the Jets.  When a team takes a $15M cap hit to dump a player, it's not because he's without flaw.

On the other hand:

Has the attitude been thumped out of him by chasing the $$ to the Jets and winding up under Adam Gase?  It's hard to blame a player for making "career decisions" there, or for liking a few tweets.  Tannehill is Exhibit A of the Hellpit that's a Gase-coached team.

Most important: Bell's running style required a certain type of blocking for success. Do we have the potential for that style of run blocking?  And does Bell, at almost 29, still have "it"?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So you're saying the poor run game tis year is on Singletary/Moss and Yeldon, not the run blocking?  That's an interesting take..

Again--he was "used" extensively on the Jets last year.  Tons of touches.  

Lol.....no.  Interesting how you put words into my mouth with your assumptions. You’re not one to do that 🤣

Our problem is OL.  Luckily for us, we have a potentially dominant pass game that can open up the run game based on how teams defend us as the season goes on.  I think bell is a better RB than Moss and yeldon.  Do you?  Good in pass pro, goal line and catching out of the backfield. Upgrading a position and possibly gaining a combo pick for what should be a low price makes sense to me.  Get better anywhere we can.  

Just now, Gene1973 said:

If the Jests would be paying the majority of his salary for the rest of this season, then I don't see why you wouldn't sign him.

Yep. 

Bills could sign him for 750K.  Jets pay the remaining to get to 5.5M and pay a 1M bonus due today