Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If he does sign here I would love to see him torch the Jets next week. It would be a huge FU to Gase and besides the Bills need the win. Also sweeping them is never a bad thing.

Bell agrees with condition that he can go to another team facing JEST later in season.

Does NFL have a lend-lease policy which teams do not repay like Russia didn't?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeldon doesn't do something right which is why we mostly have him inactive for the last 2 years.  We signed an aging Gore and started a rookie....completely new additions rather than promote Yeldon.  This year, same thing with Moss.  I know he whiffed on a blitz pick up against TN....not sure if that's a consistent issue.

Yeldon's not a great pass protector.  As a 3rd down back its kind of one of the things you need to do.  Bell is a better pass protector, has consistently caught 80 or more % of targets ( good hands and good routes), and is comfortable splitting out wide and causing LB mismatches.  Prior to his 2 jets years, he was a pretty solid back as well.

People still aren't grasping Adam Gase.

Tannehill looked washed out of the league under Gase, his last 14 games his numbers are almost identical to Mahomes.  Robby Anderson looked to be on the same course, a month away from Gase and he looks like a WR1.  Davante Parker looked like a JAG with Gase, his first season away he also looked like a WR1.  Gesicki looked like a complete bust when Gase drafted him, now he's one of the most interesting young TEs in the league.

Either 1) Bell is washed or 2) it's another Gase affect guy.  Given it's only money and we could toss him out of the building, I will gladly roll the dice.  If you plug anywhere near prime Leveon Bell into this offense it raises the ceiling dramatically over Singletary / Yeldon / Moss.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Take away the name and history, and do we really think Bell is better than Yeldon right now?

By the way: Yeldon is 6'1", 223; Bell is 6'1, 225; both are dual-threat backs with pass-catching ability. I'm not convinced Bell is an upgrade.

Yeldon rushed for 52 yards last game on 10 carries. He had a few runs out there in his #22 where I had flashbacks to Freddy Jackson. He deserves more snaps.  

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

People still aren't grasping Adam Gase.

Tannehill looked washed out of the league under Gase, his last 14 games his numbers are almost identical to Mahomes.  Robby Anderson looked to be on the same course, a month away from Gase and he looks like a WR1.  Davante Parker looked like a JAG with Gase, his first season away he also looked like a WR1.  Gesicki looked like a complete bust when Gase drafted him, now he's one of the most interesting young TEs in the league.

Either 1) Bell is washed or 2) it's another Gase affect guy.  Given it's only money and we could toss him out of the building, I will gladly roll the dice.  If you plug anywhere near prime Leveon Bell into this offense it raises the ceiling dramatically over Singletary / Yeldon / Moss.

Exactly. I wouldn't give him a contract with term but bring him in for the rest of this year is a no brainer.  I think he would buy into McDermott's process especially since the Bills are a winning team.

• Like (+1) 1

Opinion:  We have nothing on our roster that offers the package of support that Bell would immediately bring.  Blocking, catching, pre-snap reads, between the tackle ability.  This would be an immediate upgrade for Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Yeldon rushed for 52 yards last game on 10 carries. He had a few runs out there in his #22 where I had flashbacks to Freddy Jackson. He deserves more snaps.  

I've been harping on this to family as well and they dismiss it. He had a very good game on Sunday w limited snaps. He's proved himself useful in this league.

Edited by SmokinES3
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He played 15 games last year...

15 games behind the maybe the worst OL in the league and definitely the worst HC.  

He is much better than he was able to show with the jets.  He’s not what he was with the Steelers, but can he be better than Moss/Yeldon.  Absolutely 

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

When does the "Edit: Signs With Chiefs" happen?

Soon

2 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

I've been harping on this to family as well and they dismiss it. He had a very good game on Sunday w limited snaps. He's proved himself useful in this league.

He has a career 4.1 yards per carry (same as Bell). He's caught 75% of the targets thrown to him for 7.8 yards per reception. He's never been given the opportunity to bring his production to scale over the course of an entire season. 

• Like (+1) 1