Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

Just now, DCOrange said:

Miami = where he lives and probably most potential playing time

I guess that's something, but why choose a place where you'll be lucky to win 6-7 games when the money is the same anyway?

It's true though that you never know what motivates someone... The Sabres just signed a top tie FA because he loves the coach and wants to be in a smaller city. 

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Reestablish ur value is the goal. Only likely to get 2 year deal beyond this so... its complicated. Chase the ring this year and possibly cost urself money? Or chase stats to get one last payday?

That makes some sense, but wouldn't he accomplish that as a key part of the Chiefs offense, for example?

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

I guess that's something, but why choose a place where you'll be lucky to win 6-7 games when the money is the same anyway?

It's true though that you never know what motivates someone... The Sabres just signed a top tie FA because he loves the coach and wants to be in a smaller city. 

According to a segment that I was listening to, Bell has playing time/touches as his most desired.

That makes some sense, but wouldn't he accomplish that as a key part of the Chiefs offense, for example?

I think Bell sees more PT vs Singletary than he does vs CEH

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

According to a segment that I was listening to, Bell has playing time/touches as his most desired.

In that case, I think the Bills are the best choice of the 3. We have Singletary and really whoever after that. And we pas a lot, which affords Bell some more opportunities. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, you never really know. I think KC would probably be best for him personally. Reid and Bieniemy do a great job of utilizing their RBs, especially in the passing game. Granted CEH is already very good in that aspect, but I think Bell's best chance of proving himself to be effective again would be in KC.

Miami is his best bet if he simply wants playing time. Gaskins has been pretty good for them but they still don't seem all that committed to him. Kind of a crowded backfield though with Gaskins, Howard, and Breida, but there's a chance Bell proves himself to be the #1 guy there whereas I don't think that's all that likely with Buffalo and it's impossible with KC. Added bonus that Bell loves Miami as a city and I don't think the Dolphins are a laughing stock like the Jets for example.

Buffalo offers somewhat of a balance between Miami and KC. Probably in the middle in terms of potential playing time for Bell, he could help fill the 3rd down role in the very least with potential for more carries than what KC would likely provide. One concern in my mind is that Bell's patient running style generally relies on getting very good run blocking; our OLine hasn't really provided that this year. I do think Geoff Schwartz (who certainly knows a lot more about OLines than I do) believes Buffalo's blocking schemes fit Bell better than the other two.

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

if we signed him that's very concerning for moss. phins already have breida gaskin and howard so not sure where he fits in   chiefs i think would be the favorite

Breida and Howard are useless. Howard was inactive for last game