Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

Censorship by big tech..Google, Twitter, Facebook etc. has been obvious to sane people for quite some time now. Today however they went ALL in.  Given how out in the open they all are now with blatant censorship and attempting to influence the election i feel this topic deserves a dedicated thread.

A sane take from one of the very few on the left who is honest on the subject.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

why do you approve of FB and Twitter covering for the Biden’s ? 

are you a dimwit ? 

A pale snide laugh is the response of the totalitarian who can comfortably deny the importance of censorship because he presumes his own voice shall never be subject to the same violence. And also, of course, because he is complicit by approbation, dismissing dissent as risible. Not so amiable Joe, grifting Joe, bad policy Joe, befuddled, pharmacy aided, carefully managed puppet Joe is not subject to scrutiny because those who disagree are designated bad people who can be silenced with impunity.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Information wars have been going forever, but the dizzying consolidation of digital information and the ability to shape and manipulate that in a nanosecond is something we're really just starting to grapple with in society.  It's kinda sad to have to tell your kids "you need to begin with the assumption that everything you see online is a lie", but that's where we are now.

30 minutes ago, SoTier said:

What kind of cheese do you like with your whine, snowflake?

And people wonder why the influx of left wingers here has been largely dismissed as mindless idiots.....  :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Companies should be able to set their own rules. 

That said, Facebook, Twitter, and Google are so engrained into our daily lives that this kind of politicized censorship cannot be tolerated. 

Ignore my rattle and I’ll give you the fangs and the venom. Don’t tread on me. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

Companies should be able to set their own rules. 

That said, Facebook, Twitter, and Google are so engrained into our daily lives that this kind of politicized censorship cannot be tolerated. 

Ignore my rattle and I’ll give you the fangs and the venom. Don’t tread on me. 

Looney Tunes has spoken!  

I will only say this, these companies are private and at the end of the day, i do feel like it’s their prerogative. 

the bigger issue is people need to start waking up and realizing that these platforms are not their friend. They are destructive tools and should be treated as such. Use only with extreme discretion. 

In the meantime, all it takes are a few alternatives to really make a dent into this business model of clearly shilling for the communists. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

It’s insane.    They can’t be real people.   

I know plenty of democrats and liberals. None of them talk like the morons on this board.

They are just here to incite - bored no life rejects with nothing better to do.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm all for the free market, but have always believed there is a role for government oversight, be it labor, environmental, preventing monopolies, etc.  This situation with the tech companies falls under the later.  And yes, politicians have taken bribes from vested interests forever, but if we now have those with a monopoly on the information flow appointing themselves as overlords for deciding what is acceptable for the public to see and share, and the real political leaders who happen to benefit at this point in history silently assent to the practice, that's a big concern.

p.s.  Twitter mods suddenly deciding to selectively enforce the rules based in line with their personal opinions seems vaguely familiar......but I can't quite put my finger on why.

• Thank you (+1) 2