Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

No one's leaving because they have nowhere else to go.  And if he loses some children throwing tantrums, so be it.

This seems correct... for now.

There aren't any options out there currently that could stand in for Twitter. Mastodon is a mess, Post is promising but severely under resourced. At the moment, Twitter is mostly working fine with a skeleton staff.

But if Twitter starts to look more like 4Chan or it suffers major and frequent outages, there's going to be a market for a new Twitter and someone will create it.

Just now, B-Man said:

FkGvW_YXkAA6VJL?format=jpg&name=360x360   "So we all agree, Musk is being hypocritical"

Awe - how cute Bonnie - your latest savior. Who is next?

And when Musk is done destroying Twitter (that is the plan) - there will be nothing left but right wing nut jobs left on the site - just like your safe place designed for your cult leader.

And we all know that gets old otherwise you wouldn’t be here. 

#winning

34 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

And now the transition from "FREE SPEECH" to payback is complete.

Glad we are all in agreement in dismissing that this was ever about free speech.

Carry on.

No sir--the fact that the discussion is ongoing, in the public square, is a major step in the right direction.  Let's work together to figure this all out.  In the past, the response from people who claim to be in the know, with secret and anonymous sources at the highest levels of government sorta gave the impression every non-believer or skeptic was crazy.  As so often happens, twenty minutes after the truth begins to see the light, nobody knew nothing about nothing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

There aren't any options out there currently that could stand in for Twitter. Mastodon is a mess, Post is promising but severely under resourced. At the moment, Twitter is mostly working fine with a skeleton staff.

But if Twitter starts to look more like 4Chan or it suffers major and frequent outages, there's going to be a market for a new Twitter and someone will create it.

It won't look like 4Chan or anything close, unless one wants it to.  Again everyone has the ability to moderate what content they see.  And these bans are temporary.

I assume he's referring to the covid Twitter files here.

Which of course will be just another big nothing burger to the very same people who freaked out yesterday over temporary bans of their activist friends.

Elon has probably been trolling the whole time...

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

4chan is more free speech absolutism  without much moderation. so you are in this thread talking about elon creating a moderation rule. you may not like it but if it is applied equally and with transparency then what's the problem?

soo damned if you do damed if you dont.

i think you just dont like the guy.

what leftist clearly refuse to understand on this topic. it was not about having rules on a platform. it was about rules being used to only target "right wing" opinions while letting the left run wild as they please. it was happening, there is proof and seems like that is the real issue leftist have. they no longer control the site.

9 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

4chan is more free speech absolutism  without much moderation. so you are in this thread talking about elon creating a moderation rule. you may not like it but if it is applied equally and with transparency then what's the problem?

what leftist clearly refuse to understand on this topic. it was not about having rules on a platform. it was about rules being used to only target "right wing" opinions while letting the left run wild as they please. it was happening, there is proof and seems like that is the real issue leftist have. they no longer control the site.

And those rules, suspensions, shadow bans etc. were being enforced via input from the government. 

They always seem to leave that part out.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

Musk unbanned all those Right Wing accounts and then started banning anyone who covers him critically without explanation (there’s no evidence that I’ve found that all of those journalists were tweeting live location data).

He can do that. It’s his right as the owner of the platform. But it’s exactly the same thing everyone here was complaining about Twitter doing before he bought it. Now it’s all fun and games and totally fine.

He can apply the rules equally, but doesn’t seem to want to. He could actually go full free-speech but he doesn’t seem to want to. And that’s his right.

I’m just not going to pretend he is doing something he clearly isn’t interested in. 

Edited by ChiGoose

17 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Musk unbanned all those Right Wing accounts and then started banning anyone who covers him critically without explanation (there’s no evidence that I’ve found that all of those journalists were tweeting live location data).

He can do that. It’s his right as the owner of the platform. But it’s exactly the same thing everyone here was complaining about Twitter doing before he bought it. Now it’s all fun and games and totally fine.

He can apply the rules equally, but doesn’t seem to want to. He could actually go full free-speech but he doesn’t seem to want to. And that’s his right.

I’m just not going to pretend his doing something he clearly isn’t interested in. 

what do you mean "there’s no evidence that I’ve found that all of those journalists were tweeting live location data)" 

even in the zoom call you posted they say they posted links to the page live flight data can be found or screenshot it to circumvent it could not be posted on twitter. elon used some method to prevent any public info on his plane and the user of the site that tracks him is on record saying he built a algorythm to circumvent it. going pretty far to make private info public. thats wrong no matter who its on. 

seriously what is the issue here. guy is getting threatened. guy wants private info not broadcast. people are going to lengths to posting it anyway. they get banned. 

shocking. are right wing publications journalist posting it freely not getting banned?  if not why is it right wing can tell the story without sourcing where to find the site that tracks him? if they are and getting banned then seems is the rule some great destruction of free speech? if elon and his family get attacked would it change your perspective at all?

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I’m just not going to pretend he is doing something he clearly isn’t interested in. 

Do you think Musk has been enforcing his Twitter 2.0 rules with input from the government?

Because we know during Twitter 1.0 that they absolutely were.

26 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

And those rules, suspensions, shadow bans etc. were being enforced via input from the government. 

They always seem to leave that part out.

i said in another reply. everyone claims they want transparency and to stop corruption in gov and companies. elon exposed some of it and half the country hate his guts for it. its amazing. 

27 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Do you think Musk has been enforcing his Twitter 2.0 rules with input from the government?

Because we know during Twitter 1.0 that they absolutely were.

Nope.  That is fake news.  Taibbi and Weiss did not say this. 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/12/twitter-files-explained-elon-musk-taibbi-weiss-hunter-biden-laptop.html

44 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

what do you mean "there’s no evidence that I’ve found that all of those journalists were tweeting live location data)" 

even in the zoom call you posted they say they posted links to the page live flight data can be found or screenshot it to circumvent it could not be posted on twitter. elon used some method to prevent any public info on his plane and the user of the site that tracks him is on record saying he built a algorythm to circumvent it. going pretty far to make private info public. thats wrong no matter who its on. 

seriously what is the issue here. guy is getting threatened. guy wants private info not broadcast. people are going to lengths to posting it anyway. they get banned. 

shocking. are right wing publications journalist posting it freely not getting banned?  if not why is it right wing can tell the story without sourcing where to find the site that tracks him? if they are and getting banned then seems is the rule some great destruction of free speech? if elon and his family get attacked would it change your perspective at all?

The jet info is public info. There’s nothing private about it. It’s widely available to anyone who wants it regardless of whether or not it’s on twitter. It’s not secret. It’s not assassination coordinates or any BS like that. Stop pretending it’s private info because it simply isn’t in any sense of the word.

I literally just opened my flight tracker app and saw a private plane flying by (VTHMA out of Van Nuys. A Bombadier Global Express). No Twitter necessary. If I wanted to track someone’s private jet, I can do it without Twitter. 

Tech journalist explains the issue better than I can: Elon Tries (Badly) To Defend The Banning Of Journalists As Twitter Starts Blocking Links & Mentions Of Mastodon

“First, he just ***** changed the terms of service to shut down the jet tracker, and made them so broad and vague that tons of tweets would violate the rule — including anyone using Twitter’s built-in location indicator to tweet a photo of someone else. Second, the location of his plane is public information. It’s not “assassination coordinates.” If Musk is worried about getting assassinated, hiding this account isn’t going to help, because the assassin will just go straight to the ADS-B source and get the data anyway. Third, I get that Musk claims his child was in a car that was attacked the other night, but there remain some open questions about that story. For example, the location where it occurred, as deduced by BellingCat, was not close to any airport.

Given that, it’s not at all clear how this is connected to the jet tracking service.

Furthermore, the LAPD put out a statement on this:

LAPD’s Threat Management Unit (TMU) is aware of the situation and tweet by Elon Musk and is in contact with his representatives and security team. No crime reports have been filed yet.

Which, you know, seems notable. Because if a stalker actually went after him, you’d think that rather than just posting about it on social media, he might contact the police?

But, most importantly, none of the journalists in question actually posted “real time” assassination coordinates for Musk. They had posted about this whole story having to do with content moderation decisions made by Musk. Hell, one of the journalists, Donie Sullivan, got banned for tweeting that LAPD statement. 

So, yeah, it’s not about “equal treatment” for journalists. It’s about coming up with bull#### arbitrary rules that just so happen to ban the journalists who have been calling out all the dumb ***** Elon has been doing. Which, you know, was the kinda thing Elon insisted was the big problem under the last regime, and insisted he was brought in to solve.“