Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

20 minutes ago, ALF said:

Professor says he knows why the last 10 years in the US have been so 'stupid'

Social psychologist and NYU professor Jonathan Haidt argues that social media has polarized and damaged democracy in the US.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2022/04/24/jonathan-haidt-social-media-10-years-stupid-rs-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/business-media/

Agree with this.

Twitter is the worst thing that has come out of the internet.

24 minutes ago, ALF said:

Professor says he knows why the last 10 years in the US have been so 'stupid'

Social psychologist and NYU professor Jonathan Haidt argues that social media has polarized and damaged democracy in the US.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2022/04/24/jonathan-haidt-social-media-10-years-stupid-rs-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/business-media/

Lol CNN Giving misleading fake headlines....stunning.  Somehow CNN Fake News Capital of the World likely for clicks turns this into "Social Media making people stupid."

The guy says (not that I care what he thinks but I want to listen now because these are not coincidences with the saving of Twitter).  

"I don't mean individuals are getting stupid...we're not.  Social media allows us to intimidate each other - that prevents people from sharing ideas."

Lol CNN knows libs didn't even listen to him as evidenced by 716's comment. 

So who has been doing that, Stetler?  Do we have a climate where the libs feel like they can't express themselves on social media? 

I missed where publicly stating there are only 2 genders will not get you canceled.  Hollywood and corporations will line up to hire you.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc said:

The meltdown will be delicious to watch.

Is this bad? 

6 minutes ago, 716er said:

Agree with this.

Twitter is the worst thing that has come out of the internet.

Hmmmm....I never used twitter until the war started, now I am addicted to it. 

This group, The Great Barrington Declaration, was censored by Twitter and other platforms. Stanford, Oxford and Harvard doctors and scientists were censored because they dared promote a public health policy of focused protection instead of universal lockdown. 

Indefensible. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

This group, The Great Barrington Declaration, was censored by Twitter and other platforms. Stanford, Oxford and Harvard doctors and scientists were censored because they dared promote a public health policy of focused protection instead of universal lockdown. 

Indefensible. 

THE Great Barrington Declaration funded by THE Koch bros?

lol

I probably should have put this in the Biden Lies Thread,  but it's so full already.

He has "long been concerned"  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  yeah, since 2:00pm today.

They are shameless.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It's happening!!

There's some irony in that Musk relied on a 465 million dollar loan in a Democrat led House and Senate in 2009 to make Tesla what it is today.  Something he wouldn't have received if Republicans were in control.  Now he's being celebrated by Republicans for buying a company they believe unfairly censor them and his libertarian streak is making the crazy left like King freak out.  I'm happy he bought it as his focus on promoting free speech is the right one whether it's his primary motive or not.  My main concern is you have an authoritarian billionaire who buys these popular social media platforms and cracks down on any users who don't agree with their politics.

I'm happy he bought it as he's an advocate of free speech.  Imagine if an authoritarian anti free speech billionaire bought twitter instead of Musk.  That's my long term concern.

• Thank you (+1) 1