Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter, take it private

Tesla CEO Elon Musk offered to buy Twitter for $54.20 per share

Tesla CEO Elon Musk offered to buy Twitter in a deal worth more than $43 billion and take the social media company private.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/elon-musk-offer-buy-twitter-take-it-private

Market Summary > Twitter Inc

45.85 USD+1.38 (3.10%)today

Closed: Apr 14, 7:11 AM EDT • Disclaimer

Pre-market 50.82 +4.97 (10.84%)

Edited by ALF

Wait...what happened to "Twitter is a private company and they can do what they want?"

Which by the way is absolutely true, they can do what they want. What they can't do is make the claim that they act in the interest of free speech. Actually they can make that claim...but not without being liars.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I block @BillStime and @Tiberius because they're both blithering moronic idiots not worth a nanosecond of my time. At the same time I'd NEVER be in favor of banning them from espousing their idiotic ramblings here on a daily basis or for disallowing others to engage in the pointless task of "debating" them.

Blocking someone from your individual feed is not a violation of free speech. 

Morons.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DRsGhost said:

I block @BillStime and @Tiberius because they're both blithering moronic idiots not worth a nanosecond of my time. At the same time I'd NEVER be in favor of banning them from espousing their idiotic ramblings here on a daily basis or for disallowing others to engage in the pointless task of "debating" them.

Morons.

Is Musk a "free speech absolutist"?  My answer to Reich (I must point out an appropriate name for somebody advocating censorship) is probably not.  But Musk is a lot closer to that than Reich who holds a view that free speech is a threat.  

• Like (+1) 1

Elon Musk is the most consequential man of his time.  In a hundred years, he'll be remembered as we remember Thomas Edison and Henry Ford today.  He's set up the first successful electric auto company and been largely responsible creating a couple other industries from scratch (private space flight, Ebay).  He's got several other irons in the fire - The Boring Company, being one example.   However, unless he figures out a way to clone himself, there's only one of him, it would be a shame to see him get diverted from more worthwhile goals such as creating a permanent presence for humans in space over something like Twitter

He must be seriously worried about the erosion of free speech to allow himself yet another distraction. 

11 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Elon Musk is the most consequential man of his time.  In a hundred years, he'll be remembered as we remember Thomas Edison and Henry Ford today.  He's set up the first successful electric auto company and been largely responsible creating a couple other industries from scratch (private space flight, Ebay).  He's got several other irons in the fire - The Boring Company, being one example.   However, unless he figures out a way to clone himself, there's only one of him, it would be a shame to see him get diverted from more worthwhile goals such as creating a permanent presence for humans in space over something like Twitter

He must be seriously worried about the erosion of free speech to allow himself yet another distraction. 

Maybe we start to hear it as soon as this morning, but I expect the same set of characters that insist that a private company can do whatever they want to insist the DOJ or some other regulatory agency "block" this takeover offer.  Citing "public interest" in blocking the deal.  Watch for most of the clowns in Congress and the administration that insist on censorship to be the most vocal as they attempt to bend light to support their argument that freedom is bad.

In reality this arrangement was never a private company doing as they please but rather government outsourcing censorship powers to private business in order to avoid constitutional limitations and public oversight.  Twitter takes their marching orders from activists inside and connected to the US government embedded in the government not to serve the people but to serve the party.  We all know the fact checker set up is a complete farce. 

If the deal does go through don't expect it to be before the November mid-terms. 

I also wonder if Musk envisions himself being involved day-to-day?  My guess is he'll do something like ask Joe Rogan to run the outfit.  At that point you won't need Space-X to launch liberals into orbit and unhinged and agonizing protest. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

Morons.

Ha ha ha, the Little Russian Bot that couldn’t 

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

Morons.

Another LAMP from our in house deranged puppet - no one cares who you block. 

Classic narcissistic pos that can’t handle the heat.