Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

11 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Censorship by big tech..Google, Twitter, Facebook etc. has been obvious to sane people for quite some time now. Today however they went ALL in.  Given how out in the open they all are now with blatant censorship and attempting to influence the election i feel this topic deserves a dedicated thread.

A sane take from one of the very few on the left who is honest on the subject.

6 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Why did Tasker delete/censor his own thread?

Afraid of the new alt-right Bills forum getting flooded with libz?

My guess is that the moderators closed it down. TBD is its place. That place is its place. There's usually no reason to cross pollinate. 

Edited by shoshin

18 hours ago, dubs said:

I will only say this, these companies are private and at the end of the day, i do feel like it’s their prerogative. 

the bigger issue is people need to start waking up and realizing that these platforms are not their friend. They are destructive tools and should be treated as such. Use only with extreme discretion. 

In the meantime, all it takes are a few alternatives to really make a dent into this business model of clearly shilling for the communists. 

Yes, they are private and can do what they want.  But they shouldn't be able to avoid libel suits by claiming they have no editorial discretion as to what their users put out and then act as publishers and edit the content of their users.

They can't have it both ways.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

38 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

#DeleteFacebook

#DeleteTwitter

Get off the platforms if yall really dont like what they are doing. Especially on Social Media since YOU are the product and can directly affect their money.

Exactly this.   Facebook and Twitter and other social media platforms are privately owned, so there's no "free speech" on any of them just whatever "speech" the owner(s) allow.   It's why every user has to agree to the terms of service before joining.  This concept seems impossible for you Righties to comprehend

You could always start your own social media site dedicated to the worship of Covid Donnie and the promotion of Alt Right stupidity, but that would take money, ambition, business savvy, and technical expertise.   It would also seriously cut into your time to commiserate with your fellow snowflakes in whinefests about "censorship" on PPP.

3 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Why did Tasker delete/censor his own thread?

Afraid of the new alt-right Bills forum getting flooded with libz?

LOL!  They'll kick you out as soon as you reveal yourself.

On 10/14/2020 at 7:25 PM, Dragoon said:

Companies should be able to set their own rules. 

That said, Facebook, Twitter, and Google are so engrained into our daily lives that this kind of politicized censorship cannot be tolerated. 

Two statements by one person in direct opposition to each other. Translates to I want unfettered capitalism until it personally annoys me.

Also funny that Facebook and Twitter have been 2 of the biggest keys in creating Trump as President. Now, Trump supporters are railing against these two companies.

On a side note, Google might be the most evil corporation in the world. My stepson had an incredible legal encounter with them where Google blackmailed two very large companies in order to stop my stepson's business from cutting into their business.

Edited by Kemp
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

This is happening to a newspaper with the 4th largest circulation in the nation. Absolutely sick and disgusting.

Of course, Biden supporters fail to see this as bias, and yet, downright giddy over it.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1