Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

My point was that nuking a story is worse than allowing it but not amplifying it. I made no claims about the quality of the fact checking itself as it was irrelevant to the point I was making.

You did the whole “just asking questions” cowardly BS about the vetting instead of just expressing your own position, and then pretended it was a good faith debate instead of just the childish exercise in trolling that it was. 

Guess what!  You're point was correct.  And you know how I came to that conclusion?  By asking you questions to better clarify it.  You won the debate but lost in points because you resorted to and continue with name calling.  Good job Gooseman. 🙄

I guess with all the idiots here slinging mud you don't recognize an adult "argument" when you see one. 

Media and their leftist allies: The government doesn't work with social media platforms to flag posts as disinformation. It's private companies following their own rules.

And here we have Jenn Psaki admitting that they work directly with social media companies to censor content they dont like. Right  from the press secretary podium at the friggin White House.

I'd say that its unbelievable. But I can't. Because it's not.

cOnTeNT moDeRaTiOn....

Do you leftist commie ***** sticks ever tire of making complete jackasses out of yourselves?

No you dont.

Twitter Files 2.0

Oh...the Great Barrington declaration crew from Stanford, Harvard, Oxford were blacklisted?

You don't say?

You know they turned out to be absolutely correct, right?

But DIsInForMaTiOn!!!

Or Dan Bongino?  I'm shocked!

Twitter repeatedly lied and said that they didn't engage in such practices.

Again. Shocking!

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Eric Weinstein made a great point in Twitter Spaces that this isn’t right vs left, even though the totalitarianism primarily resided from those on the left, they would censor & suppress progressives that didn’t toe the liberal company line. 

These people have told you how to think about covid policy, Ukraine etc.., 

If you’ve been able to question the narrative and think for yourself, I salute you .. Media & Tech have been engaged in literal mind control by determining what you consume and how it is filtered to you. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JaCrispy said:

This is such a monumental moment in time- to be experiencing this exposure of the inner workings of the government in collusion with Big Tech…We all kind of knew this was going on, but it still blows my mind to finally get proof of it…👍

I mean, you’re not seeing that. You’re just seeing a company trying to figure out content moderation and making mistakes. 

But the fever swamps will see what they want to see because the only reason they aren’t recognized for their obvious greatness must be because powerful forces are working against them. 

23 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I mean, you’re not seeing that. You’re just seeing a company trying to figure out content moderation and making mistakes. 

But the fever swamps will see what they want to see because the only reason they aren’t recognized for their obvious greatness must be because powerful forces are working against them. 

I disagree…Twitter wasn’t trying to figure anything out- they knew EXACTLY what they were doing, and the voices they wanted to silence…

ChiGoose, if there is one thing you take away from all this, remember this- Twitter was censoring the TRUTH and allowing propaganda to be promoted…Whether info on Covid, the Biden laptop, Russia Collusion…it’s borderline criminal what they have done to this country, and it contributed to the divide…It’s not right…

If you wouldn’t want Trump doing it, you shouldn’t want Democrats doing it either…👍

Edited by JaCrispy

16 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I disagree…Twitter wasn’t trying to figure anything out- they knew EXACTLY what they were doing, and the voices they wanted to silence…

ChiGoose, if there is one thing you take away from all this, remember this- Twitter was censoring the TRUTH and allowing propaganda to be promoted…Whether info on Covid, the Biden laptop, Russia Collusion…it’s borderline criminal what they have done to this country, and it contributed to the divide…It’s not right…

If you wouldn’t want Trump doing it, you shouldn’t want Democrats doing it either…👍

My takeaway is that most of the people on this thread have terminal online brain, don’t understand how things work, and eagerly jump on anything that makes them feel good or smart. 

I don’t want to defend Twitter. Twitter has problems, all social media sites do, but I’m hardly convinced by people being outraged that a political campaign (not the government) flagged non-consensual sexual content for review.

Content moderation is hard and everybody is going to screw it up, no matter how hard they try not to. But maybe the reason that conservatives tend to face moderation more is simply because they’re just lying more. 

A 4th Branch of government - permanent surveillance state - all the things Libs used to fake care about until they realized they could use the private sector to do it and do it for political gain.  The allies of the DNC hate this country.  It’s not difficult to understand what’s happened at all.  

And here we are.  In free fall.  It’s probably already over:

“Barack Obama and Eric Holder did not create a weaponized DOJ and FBI; the institutions were already weaponized by the Patriot Act.  What Obama and Holder did was take the preexisting system and retool it, so the weapons of government only targeted one side of the political continuum.”

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/12/03/a-baseline-understanding-mostly-missing-behind-the-twitter-discussion-govt-influence-over-social-media-influence-and-the-surveillance-state/

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

21 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

My takeaway is that most of the people on this thread have terminal online brain, don’t understand how things work, and eagerly jump on anything that makes them feel good or smart. 

I don’t want to defend Twitter. Twitter has problems, all social media sites do, but I’m hardly convinced by people being outraged that a political campaign (not the government) flagged non-consensual sexual content for review.

Content moderation is hard and everybody is going to screw it up, no matter how hard they try not to. But maybe the reason that conservatives tend to face moderation more is simply because they’re just lying more. 

I think it’s pretty naive to think this is just about a political campaign in 2020…

I think it started when Trump shocked the Establishment in 2016, (The Dems and MSM decided they couldn’t let that happen again) and continued right up until Elon made his purchase in 2022 (Time Magazine even published an article, after the election, about the conspiracy that they participated in with government, other media, and industry to take Trump down).  So we kind of had an idea about it…

And everyone from the White House, to Intelligence Agencies, to the CDC and Dr. Fauci, all had their hand in the “cookie jar” well after the campaigns of 2020…What do you think all the fake “fact checking” was for? It’s political opinion to censor info that disagrees with the Establishment narrative…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Classic. It's just mistakes man!

:lol:

Funny how these mistakes always seem to  impact one side of the aisle.

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Mistakes!

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1

Let's recap chigoose's takes when the left is caught in obvious malfeasance...

FISA warrant abuse. Mistakes!

Capitol police opening doors and letting people into the Capitol on J6. Mistakes!

The media brute censoring the Hunter laptop story. Mistakes!

Twitter obviously censoring voices on the right. Mistakes!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

34 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I think it’s pretty naive to think this is just about a political campaign in 2020…

I think it started when Trump shocked the Establishment in 2016, (The Dems and MSM decided they couldn’t let that happen again) and continued right up until Elon made his purchase in 2022 (Time Magazine even published an article, after the election, about the conspiracy that they participated in with government, other media, and industry to take Trump down).  So we kind of had an idea about it…

And everyone from the White House, to Intelligence Agencies, to the CDC and Dr. Fauci, all had their hand in the “cookie jar” well after the campaigns of 2020…What do you think all the fake “fact checking” was for? It’s political opinion to censor info that disagrees with the Establishment narrative…👍

This requires a considerable amount of cooperation, strategic planning, and competence from the left that I’ve yet to see actually exist. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1