Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

16 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Apple and Google are said to be threatening removal of Twitter from their app stores unless Musk restores some version of censorship which meets the approval of those two companies.  One potential response might be ant-trust or anti-competitive lawsuits which would expose the inner workings of those corporations in a court setting. 

On Friday Musk also suggested one alternative would be for his company to "build" their own version of the iPhone minus all the spyware and snooping apps used by Google and Apple stating "how hard could that be?"  An alternative device that offers the same features absent tracking your every move might appeal to a large percentage of the population.    

Where can I buy one?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

This is because they have no values…all their arguments are based in emotion instead of logic…

And which way the winds of public opinion are blowing at that particular moment.  They wouldn’t know leadership if it hit them in the face. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

It's precisely why you laugh at their hypocrisy and wear their contempt as a badge of honor.

A complete waste of everything to even give them the time of day.

So Liz how many people should it take to decide who gets heard and who doesn’t?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

This is because they have no values…all their arguments are based in emotion instead of logic…

I mean, to be fair though, the argument could be made for the opposite as well.  "Conservatives" were in a giant uproar over violation of free speech when they felt they were getting their speech violated, but now are all for it if they approve of the guy who is now in charge of who gets censored.  

I don't think people should get censored, but I also don't think people should have free reign to make threats and spread crazy lies and disinformation intentionally wither.  Fine line on how to handle that though.

8 hours ago, cle23 said:

I mean, to be fair though, the argument could be made for the opposite as well.  "Conservatives" were in a giant uproar over violation of free speech when they felt they were getting their speech violated, but now are all for it if they approve of the guy who is now in charge of who gets censored.  

I don't think people should get censored, but I also don't think people should have free reign to make threats and spread crazy lies and disinformation intentionally wither.  Fine line on how to handle that though.

Who has been censored since the Musk takeover?

The left is pissed currently because Musk is allowing previously censored/banned accounts back on the platform.

The cure for disinformation isn't to allow individuals or groups of "fact checkers" to be the arbiters of what is and isn't disinformation. 

And it never will be.

The way to combat disinformation is free speech. Musk claims he is working to implement this and will make the algorithms open source. If he delivers on the free speech open source promise then there's nothing for either side to whine about. No threats to personal safety or calls for violence is all that need be policed. And words that may hurt feelings aren't violence.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, cle23 said:

No, it really can't be made.  Actual proven restriction of a certain group's free speech isn't anywhere close to the same argument as allowing free speech for everyone.

51 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Who has been censored since the Musk takeover?

The left is pissed currently because Musk is allowing previously censored/banned accounts back on the platform.

The cure for disinformation isn't to allow individuals or groups of "fact checkers" to be the arbiters of what is and isn't disinformation. 

And it never will be.

The way to combat disinformation is free speech. Musk claims he is working to implement this and will make the algorithms open source. If he delivers on the free speech open source promise then there's nothing for either side to whine about. No threats to personal safety or calls for violence is all that need be policed. And words that may hurt feelings aren't violence.

Any idea why your latest savior is f'n around with Twitter with auto-unfollowing people?

It's happened to me, as well.

FrEe SpEeCh

what a f'n joke.

I was mysteriously "unfollowed" by Alex Vindman as well.

FrEe SpEeCh

FrEe SpEeCh

• Haha (+1) 1