Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

Seems to me he knows exactly what is needed, no wonder the Left is upset.

Free speech again.

THEY’RE GENUINELY AFRAID HE’LL MAKE IT FREE-SPEECH PLATFORM AGAIN: 

Democrats Ask the FTC to Investigate Musk for ‘Undermining’ Twitter.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2022/11/18/democrats-ask-the-ftc-to-investigate-musk-for-undermining-twitter-n1646893148P

DA TECHGUY: 

Reality Doesn’t Care What Twitter Employees Think or Nobody has Repealed the Laws of Supply and Demand. 

“Put simply while the supposedly bright people at Twitter who are considering leaving may have forgotten the laws of supply and demand Elon Musk hasn’t and if they think Twitter is suddenly going to go black because a bunch of them, even the majority of them choose to leave, then frankly [they’re] too stupid to be working at any company Musk owns.”

https://datechguyblog.blog/2022/11/18/reality-doesnt-care-what-twitter-employees-think-or-nobody-has-repealed-the-laws-of-supply-and-demand/

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Then don’t shop there. 
I’m sure he’d be thrilled with how you run YOUR company…if you ever get one. 

Dude ….EM literally posts on the hour how he is running the company

48 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Dude ….EM literally posts on the hour how he is running the company

Huh? And apparently Goose doesn’t like it, which he’s free to not like. So? There are a lot of companies that I don’t personally care for, and stores I don’t shop at, but in a free market, that’s how it works. If Mr Musk wants to put his personal management touch on his business….he can. That used to be how America worked. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

They are too stupid to be working at any company.Over the years I've heard so nmany people saying "They can't do this without me."  Drop dead and you'll see how fast they'll replace you.

Edited by Wacka
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

5 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

He knows what he is doing.

it looks like Elon is doing what most businesses do, especially when they are purchased.

Whaling and culling.

Oliver Campbell put together a damn good thread on it:

First, the "Whaling": It's a common refrain that you've probably heard at some point or another "10% of people do 90% of the work." That's what that tight 2 week deadline for Twitter Blue was for; he was perfectly aware that it was an unrealistic time frame. It was a test.

By pushing for such an extremely tight deadline, Elon got to see who is actually doing work and who is resting on their laurels. Furthermore, it proved who could actually perform under extreme pressure. You know, the whole "get this done or you're fired" level of pressure.

Hence, Elon was looking for the whales at the company. The heavy hitting, actually producing and hard people who have been there for a while. When the whales don't have to carry dead weight, they perform like the equivalent of 10 people.

Second is the "Culling." When you've got 90% of the people not performing, they're actually negatively impacting the 10% who ARE performing above and beyond. And that's why the layoffs happened. Paraphrased, '***** is gonna change around here, get on board or get out'

So by culling unproductive staff, he actually untied the hands of the PRODUCTIVE staff. Fewer obstacles to getting in the way of getting things done. It also revealed to him who was there to make Twitter a better product, versus who was there to be 'activists'.

(There’s a reason the ‘Make Sure Puppies Are Happy’ Committee was let go.)

So now you've chopped your workforce down to people who actually perform, but they're not enough to run everything. This is why after all those people are let go, there's going to be a surprise hiring of a new bunch of people. Why?

Because the productive people actually know WHAT THEY NEED to get things done. Don't be surprised if the people that are left get to be part of the interviewing process for the new people. They'll be looking for efficiency and people who don't make THEIR jobs more difficult.

So, when you continually slice away the bad portions of something, all that you're left with is 1 of 2 potential outcomes: 1) Nothing usable. It was rotten at the core. 2) Some substantially good bits you can salvage and build on. Elon is gambling on 2.

This is what he was talking about with 'Twitter 2.0.' It's likely not a 'new twitter.' Not for us. It's a new Twitter INTERNALLY. How things get done, how things get rolled out, rebuilding the company with productive and more efficient people.

What I'm saying is, take a look at the reactions: The people that are staying at twitter are hunkering down and working. The people he let go are the ones calling doom and gloom. And they're not wrong. The way "things were done" is OVER at Twitter.

So, from the outside, this looks like a giant cluster. But it what's going to surprise you is that a great number of businesses are run exactly like this. There's a reason layoffs happens every single year across the world. Whaling and culling. Elon is just being VERY VOCAL.

And like I said at the START OF THIS POST. I didn't say this is RIGHT OR WRONG. Just what is likely happening. But if you never thought about it before, now you have something to think about.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/11/18/sorry-elon-musk-haters-this-thread-explains-what-hes-likely-doing-with-twitter-and-booyah/

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Would ya just let the guy RUN HIS OWN COMPANY for heaven’s sake. I’m willing to wait to see what he does with it. 

The guy is basically yelling all his business decisions into a megaphone for everyone to hear, people are going to react.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The guy is basically yelling all his business decisions into a megaphone for everyone to hear, people are going to react.

Elon: I want anybody who is good at their job to question whether or not they should work for my company. 

Normies: That seems like it incentivizes good people to leave.

Weird Nerds: Elon is a genius and if you don’t get it, you’re dumb!

17 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Elon must be recreating The Apprentice at Twitter with his idol Trump in mind. 

Nedster, The Apprentice was a very successful franchise for Donald Trump.  Hundreds of millions of dollars successful.  I enjoyed that show. 

If Elon Musk recreates that sort of success on the scale that Twitter operates, he’ll be more than awwwwrite. 

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Nedster, The Apprentice was a very successful franchise for Donald Trump.  Hundreds of millions of dollars successful.  I enjoyed that show. 

If Elon Musk recreates that sort of success on the scale that Twitter operates, he’ll be more than awwwwrite. 

Elon is already alright even if Twitter ***** the bed. 

I can see why you enjoyed Trump running the country like a TV show. 

Trump and his followers love cruelty and chaos especially towards people they don't like. 

And Elon seems to be enjoying running Twitter like a TV show as well. 

Firing people with emails and threats, and having all sorts of fun while creating chaos. 

You guys coddled Trump for 6 years with his psychotic behavior and really enjoyed him "making liberals cry" 

Well now your monster is gonna turn on the GOP. 

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Needing time to figure out who the Commies that work for the CCP are.  

Keep up the good purge Elon.   

All the right people are big mad.  

Like BB here.  Commies!  Purge!  Chaos!  Mad! 

haha enjoy your monster the next 2 years. 

You guys will be beggin for Garland to put him in prison. 

Just now, nedboy7 said:

Elon is already alright even if Twitter ***** the bed. 

I can see why you enjoyed Trump running the country like a TV show. 

Trump and his followers love cruelty and chaos especially towards people they don't like. 

And Elon seems to be enjoying running Twitter like a TV show as well. 

Firing people with emails and threats, and having all sorts of fun while creating chaos. 

You guys coddled Trump for 6 years with his psychotic behavior and really enjoyed him "making liberals cry" 

Well now your monster is gonna turn on the GOP. 

You’re unhinged, Ned, and my only advice is next time you attempt to draw a parallel, think!  

In the big picture, I don’t care one way or another what happens to Twitter.  I think if you were to draw a parallel that makes sense, Twitter often offers as much staged and manufactured drama as The Apprentice did. 

As for me enjoying the show, try not to be so judgmental.  I also like some Barry Manilow songs.  And opera.  

As for Elon, I’m almost certain your criticism of him most certainly will disqualify you to be chief advisor and confidante. Sad, he could have used you on the team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I still don’t get it. Mr Musk owns the company. He can do whatever he wants with it. What’s all the blathering about? 

When they were banning, shadow banning conservatives on the regular the mantra was Twitter is a private company that can do what it wants.

True then. Still true now.

Therefore I'm only left to conclude that the kvetching is only about Twitter no longer being a leftist haven.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1