Big Tech/Social Media Censorship. Musk: Blackmailing Advertisers Can ***** Off.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Fascist Libs,

Explain the cheerleading for Twitter under Elon to fail.  

Thanks,

Americans 

Not a fascist, not rooting for Twitter to fail. 

I would be happy with Twitter succeeding under Elon. I like Twitter. I don’t have personal animosity against Elon. 

I am sad that Elon seems intent on destroying the site instead of making it better. 

10 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

What company has succeeded after shedding ~75% of its workforce within a month?

prob one that replaces 75% of its workforce that can't answer whether they will actually go to work to work. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yep.  Like I thought.  No clue no answer.  

Because it’s a dumb question. 

Like, if I asked “Fascist Cons, why do you love licking Trump’s sweaty taint while cheering on white supremacists?” you wouldn’t expect anyone to give a real answer, would you?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Because it’s a dumb question. 

Like, if I asked “Fascist Cons, why do you love licking Trump’s sweaty taint while cheering on white supremacists?” you wouldn’t expect anyone to give a real answer, would you?

Not the same.  I’d expect someone to ask if I’d like to see Disney collapse.  

Im not looking for Disney to fail.  But I’m 100% going to highlight the specific things it does or supports that are detrimental to the country.  

The internet flaming Musk since he announced he was trying to buy Twitter is f…ing bizarre.  And they can’t give any legitimate reason for it other then it won’t be a liberal fascist safe space. 

Those people should have been rooting for it to fail the second it became a weaponized communication arm of the federal government and the WHO

1LqJ4XM.jpeg

THE BEST NEWS YET: “TWITTER’S MODERATION SYSTEM IS IN TATTERS.”

“At this moment, we have nobody to reach out to,” says Nina Santos, a researcher at the Brazilian National Institute of Science & Technology in Digital Democracy. “All the people that we were talking with are no longer there.” Santos says that until Musk’s takeover, Twitter had been “quite responsive” in taking down rule-breaking content that could undermine trust in the election or spread disinformation, compared to Meta and Google. The entirety of Twitter’s Brazil team was included in the 7,500 people laid off earlier this month.

Although Lula was declared the winner of the election, Santos says she still sees tweets questioning the result or calling for mobilization against the government. All of these, she says, are dangerous.

https://www.wired.com/story/twitters-moderation-system-is-in-tatters/

No, lady, you are dangerous, and you and those like you here in the U.S. need to be stopped.

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Not the same.  I’d expect someone to ask if I’d like to see Disney collapse.  

Im not looking for Disney to fail.  But I’m 100% going to highlight the specific things it does or supports that are detrimental to the country.  

The internet flaming Musk since he announced he was trying to buy Twitter is f…ing bizarre.  And they can’t give any legitimate reason for it other then it won’t be a liberal fascist safe space. 

Those people should have been rooting for it to fail the second it became a weaponized communication arm of the federal government and the WHO

Hi, it's me. One of the few resident liberals of PPP. 

I do not want Twitter to fail. I don't care if Musk came in and changed the content moderation policies. The Twitter user experience is highly customizable. If there are more trolls, then I can just block them. Whatever. The content moderation debate does not activate me.

My criticism of Musk is because instead of coming in, taking stock of the situation and then making changes, he is just acting a like a bull in a china shop. As I have stated before, most brands are conservative with their ads buys. They want bland reliability and to avoid controversy. Musk making Twitter chaotic is an anathema to brands and will harm Twitter's ability to sells ads and generate revenue. We are already seeing major brands suspending their ad buys.

Generating revenue is more important than ever, since the terms of Musk's acquisition adds an addition $1 billion in annual costs to the company. Making brands reluctant to put their ads on the platform seems like a bad move.

Additionally, the wanton way he is slashing staff is going to result in the most talented and valuable employees seeking work elsewhere. You see this with most layoffs: the best people will leave even if they're not laid off because they will seek stability.

I get that Twitter's staff is likely bloated, but that isn't a problem to solve entirely in three weeks. There are smart ways to do this that don't involve having to try to re-hire people you laid off because you didn't think it through or completely axing important infrastructure teams. 

If the goal was to streamline Twitter and reduce expenses, then a review and targeted dismissal of teams like R&D and new features would be a good start. Keep the infrastructure rolling but eliminate investment in future features to keep the lights on. Ax the content moderation team if you'd like. You could probably get to the same reduction in staff over ~6 months without the chaos and embarrassment of having to ask people back. Not to mention the fact that these rash actions have opened Musk and Twitter up to substantial legal jeopardy, both from former employers and federal regulators. It would not be surprising to see multiple 9-figure lawsuits hitting Twitter in the next couple of years.

To make a long story short (too late!), my frustration with Musk's approach is that it appears to be designed to tank the company instead of improving it. It feels more like Yahoo! buying Tumblr for $1 billion in 2013 and then selling it 6 years later for $3 million than it does anything like Tesla or SpaceX.