Sal Capaccio - WGR

krf139

6 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

Sports radio callers tend to be ignorant loudmouths.  Not only are they very often wrong, they feel that the world needs to hear their stale "insight" and anyone that doesn't give their views credence must be a company shill.  

Elaine Get Out GIFs | Tenor

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Mango said:

Can't quite put my finger on it, but Sal reminds me of Shuli  on Howard Stern.  Maybe it is that Sal seems to be the keeper for the WGR Wack Pack in Schopp and BD? Making a career out of being the smartest guy in a room full of dumb-dumbs? 

I think it’s the skinny short bald guy thing 😀

To the OP,  Sal is a fellow passionate Bills fan whose fandom overrides his professionalism on the air sometimes. But if you want arrogant, Schopp is your guy.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I.  I can't stand listening to the guy, which is unfortunate because he's definitely connected to the team and has inside information.

I can't recall the last time he broke any "inside" information or news.

His takes are generally wrong, and he has no understanding whatsoever his role should be as a member of the media.

Ultimately, he's just not a very bright guy; he's an easy upgrade but I don't think anyone is looking to go that route.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

Bottom line is that Sal knows no more about football than me or the average fan.  For him to think he can cut people off and dismiss legitimate points because he's Sal Capaccio and used to coach football is arrogant.  I guess people on this board are sheltered.  Get outside of Western New York a bit.  Sal is in the bottom of his field.

Speaking of arrogant..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've said this before, I used to hate the guy. Found him really annoying when he had that little show he'd do from his basement. But I've really grown to like him. He knows a lot and despite being an employee of the Bills doesn't come across as totally biased. I mean, he is biased, but he frames his statements in a way that doesn't make it seem so obvious.

He's also nowhere near as arrogant as the dwarf Chris Brown. I don't like Sal's solo show as much but when he pops up on WGR with his 20 minute segments I think he's really good. He also seems to have got to where he is through sheer hard work, which I admire

• Like (+1) 1

I appreciate Sal and his takes. He’s even keeled and confident...which is not arrogance. But some people can’t recognize that. 

I’ve never heard him yell at a caller. Does he correct them if they put words in his mouth? Sure, but anyone would. 

Here’s an idea, OP: don’t listen to him if you don’t like him and save us from threads like this. 

1 hour ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I followed "Coach Sal" all the way back to the "Mom's Basement" show days, you got him wrong.

Me too, except he’s not that knowledgeable.

The “I was a coach” thing is nothing more then to attempt to give his opinion validity.

I have never heard him detail any of the football language a real coach would know.

Hes on WGR because the people who followed him when he worked from his moms basement flooded WGR with “ hire Sal” calls and emails.

For those who think those guys make a good living, you are very mistaken.

Ill take my “living”over his any day.

Having said the above, he’s probably the best that station has to offer. I’d listen to him anytime over most there.

I listen when I’m driving and most of the callers are moronic, their questions are mostly uneducated drivel.

Hilarious. I look forward to hearing Sal each day either live or on demand. Easy solution for krf...don't listen. By far the best on WGR. Also disagree that he is condescending to the morning crew. In fact, their segments are usually the best of the day. JMO. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, krf139 said:

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm getting pretty tired of Sal Capaccio on WGR.  While he's very passionate about the Bills and Western New York, he comes across as extremely arrogant and thinks he's a self-appointed spokesman for the Bills.  He routinely dismisses callers who make valid points - this morning, someone called in wanting to talk about the few playoff teams the Bills have defeated during McDermott's tenure and Sal immediately cut him off and said the point wasn't relevant.  When callers call in and it's unclear what they are trying to say, he starts screaming.  Admittedly, this can be frustrating but it comes across as arrogance.  It's also kind of tiring listening to him try to justify / explain every move the Bills make as if he's McBean's press secretary with the attitude of "you must listen to me because I'm a sideline reporter and used to coach football."  

Given his role is so visible on WGR, I certainly hope this is a position that eventually gets upgraded.

I give Sal a lot of credit for not hanging up  and putting up with some of the most ridiculous questions / opinions  that he has deal with , some of the callers think they know better then the GM or the HC , 

SMH 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 2