Sal Capaccio - WGR

krf139

Can't quite put my finger on it, but Sal reminds me of Shuli  on Howard Stern.  Maybe it is that Sal seems to be the keeper for the WGR Wack Pack in Schopp and BD? Making a career out of being the smartest guy in a room full of dumb-dumbs? 

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, krf139 said:

I can see Sal as the kind of guy who walks into a bar like he's hot stuff because he's a sideline reporter.  That's the kind of vibe he gives off.  Having lived around the U.S. and listened to countless sports talk radio and beat reporters, we can do far better.

Then you really do not know anything about him.  Sal is a very approachable guy and easy to talk with.

27 minutes ago, krf139 said:

They lost to the Jaguars and Texans in the playoffs.  We should have won both games.  Why does nobody want to talk about this?  Of course, Sal dismisses it.  

Because NEITHER MATTER in 2020 and Why Sal Dismissed your take on the Radio and No the same reason why the Board is Dismissing it now.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm getting pretty tired of Sal Capaccio on WGR.  While he's very passionate about the Bills and Western New York, he comes across as extremely arrogant and thinks he's a self-appointed spokesman for the Bills.  He routinely dismisses callers who make valid points - this morning, someone called in wanting to talk about the few playoff teams the Bills have defeated during McDermott's tenure and Sal immediately cut him off and said the point wasn't relevant.  When callers call in and it's unclear what they are trying to say, he starts screaming.  Admittedly, this can be frustrating but it comes across as arrogance.  It's also kind of tiring listening to him try to justify / explain every move the Bills make as if he's McBean's press secretary with the attitude of "you must listen to me because I'm a sideline reporter and used to coach football."  

Given his role is so visible on WGR, I certainly hope this is a position that eventually gets upgraded.

Sal is ok but if you think Sal is bad go listen to Mike Schoop, he's 1000x worse.

• Like (+1) 1

The most annoying thing in the world is his opening credits..

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

After that nothing could annoy you, once that is over there is such a relief!

Edited by mattynh
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mattynh said:

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

They've been using the SNL "you don't like the capaccio" skit more often now.

He's horrible. He tries really hard every time he's on to interject "me" into his stories. He often answers questions by making them about him, never simply answering the question. "Sal, what's the weather at the stadium this morning?" "Well, when I walked through the tunnel and onto the field..."  He talks about himself way to much, and never prompted. No one cares about his kid either. He sounds and talks like a classic jocksniffer, which is basically what he is, wishing he was friend with the players, referring to them by their first name, which is poor journalistic form. But he does it because he is implying he knows them that way. He also cuts everyone off, not just callers but he interrupts and cuts off the hosts he's on with. He's unlistenable and if I am listening to WGR and he comes no, I turn it off. Shut up, answer the questions, stop interject "me" into every response and move on. Everyone lives him because he is a fan, a homer and when a reporter portrays that characteristic, the homers like him because they see their reflection in him. He's just so bad in so many ways. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, zonabb said:

He's horrible. He tries really hard every time he's on to interject "me" into his stories. He often answers questions by making them about him, never simply answering the question. "Sal, what's the weather at the stadium this morning?" "Well, when I walked through the tunnel and onto the field..."  He talks about himself way to much, and never prompted. No one cares about his kid either. He sounds and talks like a classic jocksniffer, which is basically what he is, wishing he was friend with the players, referring to them by their first name, which is poor journalistic form. But he does it because he is implying he knows them that way. He also cuts everyone off, not just callers but he interrupts and cuts off the hosts he's on with. He's unlistenable and if I am listening to WGR and he comes no, I turn it off. Shut up, answer the questions, stop interject "me" into every response and move on. Everyone lives him because he is a fan, a homer and when a reporter portrays that characteristic, the homers like him because they see their reflection in him. He's just so bad in so many ways. 

Or maybe it's just because we like him.  

You sound you like you don't want something with a personality.  I actually like when he paints a picture when asked a question.  I find "here's a question, just get right to the answer" boring.

12 minutes ago, mattynh said:

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

SAAAAAAAAAl Capacio

I like it