Sal Capaccio - WGR

krf139

2 minutes ago, krf139 said:

True, although he has about 10% of the knowledge and isn't nearly as entertaining.  

Actually, not, it's a Sal Capaccio problem.  Bills fans deserve better than a self-appointed press secretary for McBeane.  He not only talks down to callers, he also talks down to Howard and Jeremy in the AM.  

Where else in life do you feel like you're being condescended to?  Pushy telemarketers with their new fangled long distance plans?  Time share presentations?  Fast food drive thrus?  Watching your morning cartoons?  

Stick to less threatening media like WWE and NASCAR.  

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Where else in life do you feel like you're being condescended to?  Pushy telemarketers with their new fangled long distance plans?  Time share presentations?  Fast food drive thrus?  Watching your morning cartoons?  

Stick to less threatening media like WWE and NASCAR.  

Bottom line is that Sal knows no more about football than me or the average fan.  For him to think he can cut people off and dismiss legitimate points because he's Sal Capaccio and used to coach football is arrogant.  I guess people on this board are sheltered.  Get outside of Western New York a bit.  Sal is in the bottom of his field.

• Like (+1) 1

He's terrible at his job, but he's winning life by getting paid to talk about his favourite team.

It's pathetic how he sucks up to the Bills players and staff and defends them from any kind of criticism, but at least he shows enthusiasm, which is more than you can say for that creep Chris Brown.

He's basically the mouthpiece for all the homer fans on this board who hate guys like Mike Schopp and Jeremy White.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well you have a different take than most...as you can see in this thread.  I would prefer more Sal and I love the days when he fills in for someone who is out.  

Agree. Every time I hear, "I'm Sal Capacio filling in for [xyz host]!" I'm like, "well, I'm definitely going to listen all day."

Edited by BringBackFlutie
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, Jpsredemption said:

This is why you see that he’s the best thing going on WGR from some people. Because he’s the Bills defense attorney. 

Uh no.  John Murphy is the biggest Bills homer and he was removed from the 12:00 show.  

Sal is good because he's good at his job.

3 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Bottom line is that Sal knows no more about football than me or the average fan.  For him to think he can cut people off and dismiss legitimate points because he's Sal Capaccio and used to coach football is arrogant.  I guess people on this board are sheltered.  Get outside of Western New York a bit.  Sal is in the bottom of his field.

Completely disagree.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, krf139 said:

I see you're a man of taste and culture.  Only the most refined among us can boast of in depth knowledge of regional sports talk radio.  

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm getting pretty tired of Sal Capaccio on WGR.  While he's very passionate about the Bills and Western New York, he comes across as extremely arrogant and thinks he's a self-appointed spokesman for the Bills.  He routinely dismisses callers who make valid points - this morning, someone called in wanting to talk about the few playoff teams the Bills have defeated during McDermott's tenure and Sal immediately cut him off and said the point wasn't relevant.  When callers call in and it's unclear what they are trying to say, he starts screaming.  Admittedly, this can be frustrating but it comes across as arrogance.  It's also kind of tiring listening to him try to justify / explain every move the Bills make as if he's McBean's press secretary with the attitude of "you must listen to me because I'm a sideline reporter and used to coach football."  

Given his role is so visible on WGR, I certainly hope this is a position that eventually gets upgraded.

When you say callers with valid points, are those the ones who say fire and cut everyone?

I suggest you listen to Schopp & The Bulldog. They might be more your speed.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When you say callers with valid points, are those the ones who say fire and cut everyone?

I think he means the callers who want to light coaches on fire and cut players with a machete.  You know, valid callers.  

Cut this guy some slack. He's been waiting all season for the Bills to lose a game and get his angry yet baffling point across, lets let him roll around in it for a while.  

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Anyone else find this post condescending towards western New Yorkers?

• Like (+1) 4

I listened to Sal this morning.  He gave a couple callers multiple chances to clarify their unintelligible rantings.  After they continued to rant, he shut them down.  If Schopp or The Coach disagree with you, they just cut you off immediately without giving you any chance at all.  I was a frequent caller to the Coach, until one day he just turned on me.  The one time I called Schopp to disagree, he immediately shouted me down and I heard the click after I barely completed one sentence.  Sal isn't anywhere near either of these idiots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm getting pretty tired of Sal Capaccio on WGR.  While he's very passionate about the Bills and Western New York, he comes across as extremely arrogant and thinks he's a self-appointed spokesman for the Bills.  He routinely dismisses callers who make valid points - this morning, someone called in wanting to talk about the few playoff teams the Bills have defeated during McDermott's tenure and Sal immediately cut him off and said the point wasn't relevant.  When callers call in and it's unclear what they are trying to say, he starts screaming.  Admittedly, this can be frustrating but it comes across as arrogance.  It's also kind of tiring listening to him try to justify / explain every move the Bills make as if he's McBean's press secretary with the attitude of "you must listen to me because I'm a sideline reporter and used to coach football."  

Given his role is so visible on WGR, I certainly hope this is a position that eventually gets upgraded.

I heard it and he was right the point wasn't relevant. The Rams are likely a playoff team and we beat them.  The Raiders may be a playoff team and we beat them.  KC didn't win a Super Bowl in 40 years prior to last year.  Philadelphia never won a Super Bowl before 2018.

What does any of it have to do with anything?  The vast majority of the statistics he spewed had nothing to do with McDermott and certainly do not pertain to a Bills team with a QB playing at the level Allen is currently playing at.  It's like the commercials for the law offices..."prior results do not guarantee a future similar outcome."

Honestly I give him credit for having to deal with the number of people calling in the show that have IQ's well under 100 and say the most idiotic and ridiculous things and not blowing up.

22 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Sounds like you were probably the person calling in making that asinine point.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Well it is irrelevant he isnt wrong.  Seasons Past have NOTHING to do with current teams.  I am sorry you waited for probably an hour to come with your playoff take on WGR and was immediately dismissed as you should be.

Edited by MAJBobby