Is it time to admit Ryan Tannehill is pretty good?

FireChans

10 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Tannehill has always folded under pressure. If you hit him or get in his face his ability goes down.

The last 2 years we’ve got after him. Last night not so much. Not at all really.

You can say that about 95% of he QBs in the league though.

Just now, Golden*Wheels said:

Well I'd still like to face him with out entire starting D, but the scariest part is that RYAN TANNEHILL did that to us. What happens against Mahomes, Wilson, Rothlisberger, etc.?

As I have said numerous times, he has been one of the three best qbs in the nfl over the last season. He led the league in passer rating last year, for chrissake. People need to wrap their head around the fact their assessments of him have a lot to do with Adam Gase.

3 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

As I have said numerous times, he has been one of the three best qbs in the nfl over the last season. He led the league in passer rating last year, for chrissake. People need to wrap their head around the fact their assessments of him have a lot to do with Adam Gase.

You can say it as many times as you want. Say it even MORE times!

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m actually one of the few people who wanted the Bills to move up a little and draft Tannehill.

He has talent. I always thought he’d be an Alex Smith type QB.

Miami did a terrible job helping him out.

I am very happy though with JA.

He's a good quarterback.  

1 - Athletic

2 - Good pre-snap understanding

3 - Very accurate

4 - Throws a good deep ball

5 - Quick release

His struggles

1 - Pressure, he tends to drop his eyes

2 - Post-snap reads aren't as fast as they need to be 

3 - Can fade in the pocket when he needs to step up

For what they're asking of him - its accurate quick throws to make sure they are in makeable 3rd's and continue to move down the field.  From a pre-snap perspective he is to take shots when they are there, and has a weapon in AJ brown who's good for what they need.  This is all in his wheel house.  

He’s Alex Smith and if I can bet on him winning a SB, I’d bet my house.  If the Titans get a real elite qb though, they are a real problem.  Great coaching on that team with Some really good talent. 

the Titans still are a generic team that you Create on Madden though.  No one cares about them and their stupid uniforms. 

• Like (+1) 2

I haven't read this whole thread at all, not even one post, but heading into his third or fourth season, and he was primed for a breakout year...then tore his acl in the preseason, because it was already partially torn and he opted against surgery...didn't want someone beating the bills, but I had a lot of dolphin friends and am not rooting against them, just that the bills would beat them (I'm not going to kick mediocre teams while they're down, give me fun competition!).

I was living in South Florida his entire career, so was following him pretty closely...dude was on the verge of breaking out that year and had a lost season because he chose to rehab instead of have a lost off season basically, which I'm not one to judge that choice, Bruce made a similar choice I believe.

I'm not surprised he's playing like this, it's what I was expecting him to do the second to last season in Miami...that said, I'd much rather have Allen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I thought he was a classic example of a scape goat for a ***** regime in Miami.  He was always pretty good, but never supported. I was surprised when they gave up on him and it surprised when he took Marriota’s spot and did well.  The contract seemed a bit much, but it’s hard to find a QB and he looks the part again, so they were “right” to give it to him. 

On 10/14/2020 at 1:54 PM, MAJBobby said:

The Reality is COVID was in the heads of the Bills and it showed on the field.  If those dont think it was, see McD and the Coaching staff double masking for the first time 

If that's the case then then it should have also been in the heads of the Titans since they had to deal with actual cases. Either this team is mentally weak, physically weak, or just had an off week because of the lack of structure.  I hope its option #3, but the defensive line has me concerned. 

Sure he's pretty good... against our zero-pressure front and practice squad secondary.

He did hold the ball a bit long, but I think he was just overloaded trying to pick out the most open receiving option out of all the ones available to him.

There. I admitted it.

11 hours ago, dlonce said:

I’m actually one of the few people who wanted the Bills to move up a little and draft Tannehill.

He has talent. I always thought he’d be an Alex Smith type QB.

Miami did a terrible job helping him out.

I am very happy though with JA.

Heh. Yes Tannehill had talent and would've done even better with a strong coaching staff to start.  We didn't have that staff when he came out, so we shouldn't have drafted him, or any other QB that year, honestly. Also, he's not close to JA.  I'm more than happy with Allen.  He's going to show us why every team in the league wishes they traded to #1 and drafted him that year.