Is it time to admit Ryan Tannehill is pretty good?

FireChans

He's a good game manager, not sure I'd want to count on him with under 3 minutes on the clock and down by 5. The Bills gifted him points last night with short field position, penalties, questionable calls by the refs etc. We deserved to lose but wouldn't say I'd give Tannehill most of the credit. 

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Asked this in the post game thread.... did the Bills even touch Tannehill all night??

Titans offensive line completely manhandled the Bills upfront. It was awful to see. 

They took a roughing the passer call so yes, at least once he was touched.  Someone got to him on a third down and forced a crappy throw too.

Based on what I have seen, Tannehill is a good, starting-caliber NFL QB.  He was pretty bad with the Dolphins, but he was with Adam Gase and on a bad team.  He had occasional good games, but wasn't good overall and that's why the Fins let him walk.  Since getting the opportunity with the Titans, he has played well and played a lot of winning football.  He doesn't the the high ceiling of a guy like Allen, but he can be a very effective NFL starter, and certainly was last night.  And, to be clear, I am not a fan of the guy, although I am fond of his wife.

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

There was lots of talk of this dude being a one hit wonder last season in Ten. Lots of laughing at his contract. He picked us apart last night and basically played error free football, especially on third down. It took some perfectly defended passes to get them off the field. 

For those keeping score, Tanny is 11-3 as a starter in the regular season in Tenn since taking over with 36 total TDs to 7 INTs.

We lost to a good QB on a playoff team that made the Ravens look like chumps. That’s okay.

Never underestimate the power of escaping Adam Gase. This could be the greatest blessing in disguise for Darnold if and when it happens. 

He's not good. He's in the best situation a player of his limited ability can be in. Look at his stats against good teams last year.

Also, the way he's always smiling like an idiot before he's snapped the ball really annoys me.

Edited by QB Bills

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

There was lots of talk of this dude being a one hit wonder last season in Ten. Lots of laughing at his contract. He picked us apart last night and basically played error free football, especially on third down. It took some perfectly defended passes to get them off the field. 

For those keeping score, Tanny is 11-3 as a starter in the regular season in Tenn since taking over with 36 total TDs to 7 INTs.

We lost to a good QB on a playoff team that made the Ravens look like chumps. That’s okay.

you’re just figuring that out?

If you can beat Tom Brady and Belicheat you have to be good. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ve admitted it for a few years. He has all the tools and throws a nice ball.  Not a mvp type qB, but might good enough to win it all in the right situation 

It's nice to be able to hand the ball off to an elite 6'3", 250lb running back as well. Not taking away from what Tannehill has done, but it goes along with "the right situation" theme. AJ Brown is a grown man at WR also. :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

It's nice to be able to hand the ball off to an elite 6'3", 250lb running back as well. Not taking away from what Tannehill has done, but it goes along with "the right situation" theme. AJ Brown is a grown man at WR also. :thumbsup:

Most QBs need at least one good Wr.

Henry helps.  

He’s a good fit there. He’s played well

• Like (+1) 1