Fair-weather Fans

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Some of us are not fair weather fans. We point out good and bad. What is really annoying is when you post a critique of the team or a player the rose colored glasses crowd on here blasts you for not being a fan. 

The reality is the folks like me and others who were skeptics of McD, Edmunds, the pass rush, and the more difficult schedule got vilified after the 4-0 start. 

All that said the season is young. McD will get his chance to prove himself. They still are my pick to win the division if McD can beat Belichick. 

But I will say this, he preaches character and toughness, and where do you see that on display? No where. He has built a team of physically soft players. Go watch that Tampa defense. Every guy is 10-15 pounds heavier and more physical than every player on the Bills defense.

Thank you. Criticizing players isn't the same as being a fair-weather fan. As long as you're not actively rooting for them to fail or only watching when times are good, you're still just as much a fan as anyone.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Some of us are not fair weather fans. We point out good and bad. What is really annoying is when you post a critique of the team or a player the rose colored glasses crowd on here blasts you for not being a fan. 

The reality is the folks like me and others who were skeptics of McD, Edmunds, the pass rush, and the more difficult schedule got vilified after the 4-0 start. 

All that said the season is young. McD will get his chance to prove himself. They still are my pick to win the division if McD can beat Belichick. 

But I will say this, he preaches character and toughness, and where do you see that on display? No where. He has built a team of physically soft players. Go watch that Tampa defense. Every guy is 10-15 pounds heavier and more physical than every player on the Bills defense.

Agree.   I enjoy reading specific critiques.   It's the "off with their heads posters" that are the most frustrating.  Typically, you rarely hear from them except on game day after a loss.  Quite honestly, I knew this defense was going to hurt us at some point this season.  I also believed we'd be hard pressed to finish 10 - 6 with this schedule.  I wasn't crazy about the decision not to re-sign Jordan Phillips even more so when Star opted out.  We are not playing physically on defense at all except with committing stupid penalties out of bounds.  We are definitely missing Feliciano on the o line.  Hopefully his return will help the run game.

On 10/14/2020 at 11:22 AM, fishgrappler said:

I am not sure how some of you can go from one extreme to another week to week.

Last week “ Josh Norman is what we needed on this defense”.... then “he should have retired at halftime.”

McDermott is a top 3 coach, then I read some knucklehead posting that he sucks. Highlighting how he has so many large masking losses. Others saying the same about Frazier.

They played terrible, lost one game, had a bad night. Let things play out.

Some frustrated Bills fans sounds like complete irrational idiotic morons that probably have never been nothing other than a fan in sports. Not a coach or athlete.

I’m embarrassed that some of you can turn so fast. Have some resiliency and stop being mental midgets.

Show some support.... Go Bills!!!!

it’s almost like there’s a lot of people here and the ones feeling empowered by the play are louder any given week.