Bills record after 7 games...

BuffaloButt

Looking at the schedule, Bills "should win" against @Jets, Dolphins, @Broncos and Chargers.  That's 8.  Should be able to win 2 or 3 of remaining 7.  10-6 11-5 could easily win division if Bills at least split with Pats.  Nothing to panic about.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I will talk about the Bills Record after 7 games after 7 games.

Right now they are 4-1 after 5 games, Leading the AFCE and have a very high powered offense.  And Many if not all would have accepted a 4-1 record after 5 games.

Deja vu from last year... I remember hearing these same sentiments when the Bills were 5-2 after the Eagles trampled them.

They're gonna be okay.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Honestly I think one team comes out of the East..... 3 are coming out of the North, IMO so that leaves one spot for the loser of the other 3 divisions. Absolutely must win the division. 

Maybe.  Prediction on North seems right.  2nd in East will be competing for slot likely against Raiders and Colts, neither of which are great and Bills already beat Raiders.

47 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

If the refs didn't call the PI on Rams at end of game (which was a very questionable call), Bills would have lost, then we would have needed to beat Tenn to get to 4-1.

Not questionable at all. People simply don't like that call at the end of a game. Boo hoo....IMO, the refs just need to call it consistently, no matter what point in the game they're at.

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Beane has lost his magic touch in terms of picking up DL free agents who can play. What happens when we are on Allen’s second contract and there is no money at all. 

I have been hyper critical of the defenses failing to start the season. But to the defense of Beane I do not believe he foresaw Star opting out. With Star to eat space I believe Buffalo's D would be doing a bit better, not Top 5 better but it would have certainly helped. I never understood the criticism of Star once we signed him and by the end of last year I think people understood his importance even if the numbers didn't reflect it. Star opted out on July 29th which isn't a lot of time to find or fill a suitable replacement.

Also Beane will not be perfect everytime. I will fault him for the defensive line additions in the first 5 games not making an impact, but it isn't like he ignored the position either. The major mistake to me was I think Beane thought AJ would step right in for Shaq which hasn't happened to this time. Clowney was there to go for as added strength and he never seemed interested even after Star left. But Beane has found a lot of guys in the past including Phillips and I believe he will find more this may have just been a bad year.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Sure....but it doesn't always work that way. See the 2017 Bills. Got annihilated by the Ravens in week 1 and won the tiebreaker over them for the final playoff spot in week 17. 

Of course.  But I think 10 wins gets you in.  Only 9 in 2017.

Looking at our schedule and the Patriots, I'm becoming more inclined to think that the entire season will come down to the head-to-head matchups.

We just can't get swept again.  I believe we can maintain a 1 game advantage over them in all of the other games - but this Bills team MUST split w/ the Pats, at minimum.  No more excuses.

• Like (+1) 2

I'd be quite happy with 5-2. But that does not mean I still wouldn't be concerned about the next 9 games. 

44 minutes ago, Success said:

Looking at our schedule and the Patriots, I'm becoming more inclined to think that the entire season will come down to the head-to-head matchups.

We just can't get swept again.  I believe we can maintain a 1 game advantage over them in all of the other games - but this Bills team MUST split w/ the Pats, at minimum.  No more excuses.

Seriously if McD can't beat Belichick at least once this year, then we have bigger issues than we think.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Casey D said:

Looking at the schedule, Bills "should win" against @Jets, Dolphins, @Broncos and Chargers.  That's 8.  Should be able to win 2 or 3 of remaining 7.  10-6 11-5 could easily win division if Bills at least split with Pats.  Nothing to panic about.

Agreed. I'd put the 49ers game in the should win list. Dolphins will be as tough to be beat again as it will be to split with New England. But Bills can win all three and a sweep of Belichick would be a great step forward for this team.

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Sure....but it doesn't always work that way. See the 2017 Bills. Got annihilated by the Ravens in week 1 and won the tiebreaker over them for the final playoff spot in week 17. 

Actually we didn’t play the Ravens in 2017. We played them the first game of 2018. We beat them on a 3 way tiebreaker for that ‘17 playoff spot. 

11 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

Before the season started, if you were told the Bills would be 5-2 and up next is New England wouldn't you be looking at the team in a positive light?  Tough schedule and we knew we're going to drop some.   Losing sucks and we see all of the flaws with the team when it happens.  I said it before the season and I still see it now that this is not a Superbowl team this year but next year could be and seeing the progression of JA gives me hope.  We are a good team that is riding on JA's back and he can win us a lot of games (he's not perfect but he's our guy and can carry the team).  Nobody thought our D was going to drop off like it has but McD & Beane will take care of it and emphasis will be on it by next season. Now get healthy & fix that D soon, please!!

Go Bills!!!

4-0 you start thinking you're unbeatable. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

Before the season started, if you were told the Bills would be 5-2 and up next is New England wouldn't you be looking at the team in a positive light?  Tough schedule and we knew we're going to drop some.   Losing sucks and we see all of the flaws with the team when it happens.  I said it before the season and I still see it now that this is not a Superbowl team this year but next year could be and seeing the progression of JA gives me hope.  We are a good team that is riding on JA's back and he can win us a lot of games (he's not perfect but he's our guy and can carry the team).  Nobody thought our D was going to drop off like it has but McD & Beane will take care of it and emphasis will be on it by next season. Now get healthy & fix that D soon, please!!

Go Bills!!!

It's ALL RELATIVE.   How you get to the record means equally as much(if not more) than the number.  How would you feel about going 16-1?   Wouldn't you take that before the season started?   I think a truly happy ending to a Bills season is going to have a sum of at least 19 outcomes.  The whole "I'll be happy if they just win the division" kinda' thing is only an attempt to mitigate the pain of failure.

• Thank you (+1) 1

So we've learned we are not as good as our 4-0 record indicated.  We'll be 5-2 as I started this post but we now know there are some glaring holes to fix that may take a year to fix if possible.  We are going to win the division but it appears we can't beat the top teams.  We will rebound and they sky isn't falling.   We're not a disaster but we have work to do.  What are realistic expectations for this season?  Playoff win and become competitive against playoff teams.  I believe both are possible and realistic by seasons end if they start making some more aggressive changes.

Go Bills!!

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

So true.  

I had 12-4 to 10-6.  Still very doable.  

This always happens at the start of the year. Some new guy explodes on the scene. But eventually teams figure out what you're doing. And if you had weaknesses that were being covered up by your success you get exposed like we have. This is where McDermott & Co. will earn their checks. They have to solve these issues with a new strategy. I think we have good players. We just have to adjust.

• Like (+1) 2