THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Midseason Meltdown

Shaw66

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Bills apparently now lead the NFL in drops and had 6 on Tuesday:

I think the drops along with too many pre-snap penalties made the offense look a lot worse than it really was.

Well, the offense wasn't good.  Eliminate the drops and pre-snap penalties, and the Bills still couldn't throw beyond 10 yards and couldn't run at all.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I agree absolutely, and I don't blame them at all.  When your job is to grow and protect the enormous revenue stream they manage, their decisions are going to be driven by the money, period.  The stain, as you say, must be avoided at all costs.   So, for example, the NFL completely dissed Kaepernick until this year, when his message threatened to impact the revenue stream.  All about the money.  

Do they try to make the schedule fair?  Sure, for plenty of obvious reasons.   But you know they're telling the owners that the schedule can't be perfect, and they're telling the owners this year not to complain about anything, because the league is fighting to preserve, - ready? - the money for this year and beyond.   

Call me old school. Old fashioned, but it's just so sad that everything is predicated on money. But I totally agree with you Shaw that the NFL will "soldier on" through these covid incidents. Their ultimate objective is just get this season completed. And it won't be easy as Falcon news breaks today. Once bye weeks end it will really get hard to make up games. 

On 10/14/2020 at 11:55 AM, Shaw66 said:

Derrick Henry.  I’ve noticed this and said this before: in terms of running style, Derrick Henry looks more like Jim Brown than any runner I’ve seen.  He runs straight up.  He has relentless power, always moving forward, always challenging the defense to get him to the ground.   He has the speed to get to the edge.  He’s a big-time threat. 

Great post..  I disagree that the game was closer than the score indicated, but that's just my opinion and water under the bridge at this point.  But as to Henry, anyone who does not think he is a beast, and as you so aptly put it, Jim Brown like, look at this again.  Flicked Norman off like a flea.

Edited by CodeMonkey

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Call me old school. Old fashioned, but it's just so sad that everything is predicated on money. But I totally agree with you Shaw that the NFL will "soldier on" through these covid incidents. Their ultimate objective is just get this season completed. And it won't be easy as Falcon news breaks today. Once bye weeks end it will really get hard to make up games. 

Didn't see the Falcons news, but I can imagine.   

Someone suggested that the NFL will add a week at the end of the season and use that to clean up whatever they have to.  I'd guess that that week already is deep into the planning stages.   There are going to be Saturday games, Thursday night doubleheaders.  They'll juggle and juggle to get every game on TV.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/15/2020 at 2:46 PM, Shaw66 said:

Didn't see the Falcons news, but I can imagine.   

Someone suggested that the NFL will add a week at the end of the season and use that to clean up whatever they have to.  I'd guess that that week already is deep into the planning stages.   There are going to be Saturday games, Thursday night doubleheaders.  They'll juggle and juggle to get every game on TV.  

They have to get every game played so the players can get paid.