Titans LB Kamalei Correa Requests Trade UPDATE: traded to Jax

Process

I think the real problem is the defensive line. If that got fixed I think we'd see Edmunds get better.

He isn't a game breaker but if he has players around him doing their jobs and playing well he can be a good contributor.

9 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Edmunds is very young. He also has an injured shoulder, which is difficult for a linebacker.

Shedding blocks and tackling with a bad shoulder is not a good thing.

They should rest him unless it’s a chronic condition.

What do you propose we do while we sit him vs the chiefs, seahawks and pats? 

trade for a MLB that doesn’t suck makes sense to me. 

He’s young.  He’s a 3rd year starting MLB.  If Josh Allen was playing like Edmunds was playing this year, we’d be looking for a new QB after this season if not prior.  He hasn’t been “inexperienced and young bad”. He’s been “bad bad”.  I hope that he improves.  If he doesn’t, we should have a different MLB.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Sometimes guys need a change of scenery. Hughes was a bust originally, too. 

As for Edmunds being a bust, it’s premature. He had a very strong year last year and is playing injured now. 

I suspect these knee jerk reactions are why none of us are managing a professional team. 😃 

Once again the Titans would most likely trade him to an NFC team before trading him the Bills.  I am not suggesting he is not any good,  i am only saying your not going to help your direct competitors.

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I’m surprised the Bills Have not called him directly for advice given the brilliance.

He’s been horrible. Luckily for him, we have the worst backup LBs in the league, so benching him isn’t an option.  I realize this.  That’s why I said I’d bench him.....IF we traded for a MLB.  

Could it be the DLs fault that he’s been terrible?  Possibly. 

could it be his lack of instincts that has led to his terrible play?  Possibly.  

whatever the reason/s may be, it’s going to be tough to win a SB when our MLB is playing like he is.  Constantly behind the play. 

As much as I like Edmunds, he is playing replacement level football. Rarely does he make a play, which is rare when your a MLB.  Amd routinely misses things. On Henry's first TD last night, he was in position on 2nd and goal to blow the play up for a big loss, but was turned sideways with his back to Henry. He was completely lost, hard to even understand what he was doing. If he's the QB of the defense, we better be looking for a new one next year. 

I believed the he is young excuse for awhile, but time has run out on that. This is year 3, and he's making year one mistakes.  He routinely picks the wrong hole. He has terrible instincts, at a position that they're needed most and I don't know how you improve that. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I don't think it's such a bad idea to let him sit and watch especially if his shoulder is still an issue and adding to his current awful play..... problem is they have absolutely nothing behind him.

On the list of issues with this team Edmunds is near the bottom 

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

After last nights OLine performance I’m not sure I’m trading Spain. 

I am.  He was Benched for a Reason.  Ford has taken that LG spot and called it home.  Winters moves back to the bench this week as Feliciano comes back from IR, and Spain is a tradable asset.

3 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

As much as I like Edmunds, he is playing replacement level football. Rarely does he make a play, which is rare when your a MLB.  Amd routinely misses things. On Henry's first TD last night, he was in position on 2nd and goal to blow the play up for a big loss, but was turned sideways with his back to Henry. He was completely lost, hard to even understand what he was doing. If he's the QB of the defense, we better be looking for a new one next year. 

I believed the he is young excuse for awhile, but time has run out on that. This is year 3, and he's making year one mistakes.  He routinely picks the wrong hole. He has terrible instincts, at a position that they're needed most and I don't know how you improve that. 

How do you know do you have the Run Fit sheets in front of you?

31 minutes ago, dlonce said:

Edmunds is very young. He also has an injured shoulder, which is difficult for a linebacker.

Shedding blocks and tackling with a bad shoulder is not a good thing.

They should rest him unless it’s a chronic condition.

I'm not an Edmunds alarmist - but some of the  biggest issues he's had have had nothing to do with his shoulder - more what's between his shoulders.  It's his positioning and reading plays and being in the right place.  So many times he seems to just be filling the wrong gap, overcommiting, or being two steps behind.

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am.  He was Benched for a Reason.  Ford has taken that LG spot and called it home.  Winters moves back to the bench this week as Feliciano comes back from IR, and Spain is a tradable asset.

How do you know do you have the Run Fit sheets in front of you?

I went back and took a 2nd look at that play and have to say that your right. It looks like it was Tremaine's job to be where he was, which left another player with a clean shot in the hole at Henry. He was unblocked and went into Tremaines hole, which created a big hole for Henry.

I think it was Klein, but couldn't tell. Makes me feel better, but the run fits as a hole, are a serious problem right now.

Edited by Allen2Moulds

2 hours ago, Process said:

I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea who this is. But he's a linebacker/passrusher, and it's impossible to be worse than what we have. Joe B also says we should do it. We have to do SOMETHING. 

Anyone know who this guy is? Should we make the trade ?

Maybe he wasn't thrilled with the competitive advantage due to all the Steroids and other PEDs the returning Titans players where on.

Hearing this this morning really pisses me off.

What we really need is a replacement for Star.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

6 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I'm not an Edmunds alarmist - but some of the  biggest issues he's had have had nothing to do with his shoulder - more what's between his shoulders.  It's his positioning and reading plays and being in the right place.  So many times he seems to just be filling the wrong gap, overcommiting, or being two steps behind.

Again like I have said with others.  You have no IDEA if this is true without the fits in front of you.

I played the position defenses have started to go away with Read Run Fill Hole with RB going to.  Instead more of Read Run, get to A gap on my left.  My DT has B, my other LBer is scraping A other A.  

See unless you KNOW the assignment you cannot claim he is filling the wrong gap or overcommitting.  

What I do see is he cannot shed a block if they get to his right side, almost like he is playing with a Right shoulder injury and doesnt have full use of his right arm.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Again like I have said with others.  You have no IDEA if this is true without the fits in front of you.

I played the position defenses have started to go away with Read Run Fill Hole with RB going to.  Instead more of Read Run, get to A gap on my left.  My DT has B, my other LBer is scraping A other A.  

See unless you KNOW the assignment you cannot claim he is filling the wrong gap or overcommitting.  

What I do see is he cannot shed a block if they get to his right side, almost like he is playing with a Right shoulder injury and doesnt have full use of his right arm.

Whats your opinion of this Correa guy, to replace Klein?

3 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Whats your opinion of this Correa guy, to replace Klein?

Yep he would push Klien down on the depth Chart.  Adds athleticism on that side of the ball.  Brings some blitzing skills as well.  He is a replacement level player, however maybe a change of scenery sparks him ala Hughes when he was traded.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes i would do it but I need more info on why he wants traded. Did he expect to be activated right off of the Covid list on Gameday? The process doesn’t work that way. 

He has only gotten 39 snaps on defense all year, so I think it is a combination I dont think he has logged a snap since week 1

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep he would push Klien down on the depth Chart.  Adds athleticism on that side of the ball.  Brings some blitzing skills as well.  He is a replacement level player, however maybe a change of scenery sparks him ala Hughes when he was traded.

He has only gotten 39 snaps on defense all year, so I think it is a combination I dont think he has logged a snap since week 1

Ok. Kind of odd since (until last night :cry:) their LB play has been pretty bad so not sure if he’s even worse than who they had out there. Maybe not a scheme for, whatever. I agree a very low risk move if they would take a 5th or 6th

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Ok. Kind of odd since (until last night :cry:) their LB play has been pretty bad so not sure if he’s even worse than who they had out there. Maybe not a scheme for, whatever. I agree a very low risk move if they would take a 5th or 6th

"Correa finished with five sacks last season and added two more in the postseason. He was hoping for continued success in 2020, though he knew he had to earn his spot once again after the Titans signed free-agent outside linebacker Vic Beasley to a one-year $9.5 million deal."

Beasley and his 9.5M are not getting benched for a more productive player