Dawson Knox and the TE position

McBean

I've been an ardent defender of his. After today, with the block in the back, the multiple times Allen needed to explain the play call, the missed blocks, I think it's clear that Knox lacks the mental acuity to be an effective player in the league. 

After watching Dawson Creek crap the bed I'm officially done with this worthless TE project. We have no TE's on this team. Zero. It's embarrassing. 

3 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

The block in the back on the Singletary catch was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me.  He just hasn’t been able to get over “the hump.”  We need to improve the entire position group.

I was literally screaming at the TV when he got that penalty nullifying a huge play and 1st down. Watch Knox run his routes. He's a joke.

On 10/14/2020 at 7:50 AM, MJS said:

I'm fine with having mediocre TE's if we can get the defense turned around. The offense is not the problem.

We cannot sustain this offense without 1 competent TE.  Brown hurt again today. Davis couldn't get open. I'm not asking for 2 or 3 decent TE's.  Just 1 f-ing TE.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We cannot sustain this offense without 1 competent TE.  Brown hurt again today. Davis couldn't get open. I'm not asking for 2 or 3 decent TE's.  Just 1 f-ing TE.

I said that a month ago. Why are you quoting me now?

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

Knox block in the back penalty on the long Singletary play flipped the script to AZ.  

I have had enough as well

Huge penalty, and totally bone head move.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

His risk is just not worth the reward anymore.  Finds a way to make a mistake each game. 

Agreed, Allen doesn't even look his way down feild anymore. He had 2 huge penalties and some missed blocks and 1 first down catch. Didn't think we would miss kraft, but here we are.

12 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I’m convinced Sweeney is our best TE. I know he’s injured but he’s also buried on the depth chart

Kroft has actually been really solid this year, I do like Sweeney but don’t think he’s our best TE yet. 

I had defended Knox last year when he had a lot of drops, lots of them were him trying to get yards after the catch and taking his eyes off the ball. He made some amazing catches too. But this year he’s been downright bad, nothing redeeming to his game at all.

• Like (+1) 1