Dawson Knox and the TE position

McBean

Knox does a lot right, apart from catch the football. He's rapidly turning into a Robert Royal before our eyes.

Watching him catch the football, is like watching 'Who wants to be a Millionaire?', where the answer will be '50-50,' or 'phone a friend', because currently, he really doesn't want to 'ask the audience'.

• Haha (+1) 2

I can’t defend Knox with his drops, but our tight ends simply are not part of the pass game. We seen Kroft produce even though according to many he is completely useless and overpaid. We have seen some flashes from Knox. But how much production do we expect on 2-3 targets a game? Knox was targeted 3 times last night? I don’t think Kroft had a single pass and I didn’t even see him run a route. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm fine with having mediocre TE's if we can get the defense turned around. The offense is not the problem.

Yup, this. 

Not to mention, as long as I can remember (been a Bills fan since the ‘70’s), most pass catchers take time to develop. I agree he hasn’t lived up to expectations but I also think it’s wise to wait for the first contract to end before giving up in most instances. 

Bring in others? Sure. But don’t discard young guys out of hand. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, LanderPoke said:

Knox has hands of stone

More like hands of bars of soap.  He doesn't "drop" these balls, they always just slip through his hands.  He lacks the concentration.

If he continues, he will have it go through his hands and a defender will be there to pick it off, take it to the house.  Like Eldeman last week.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

We should have gotten Ebron.  Dude is nails for the Squeelers.  I'm a big Dawson Knox fan, but those drops were absolutely ridiculous.  Maybe he let that Angry Run of 2019 award go to his head.  If so, he needs to get his head out his ass and start ballin'.  

26 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Knox does a lot right, apart from catch the football. He's rapidly turning into a Lonnie Johnson before our eyes.

FTFY.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

When Knox has the ball in his hands? He's a  top 10 TE.

In terms of catching the ball?

Bottom 10. 

His hands are brutal and I don't want to see him on the field again.

Everyone say it wirh me.

Kyle Pitts in round 1 in 2021!

Edited by DJB
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I can’t defend Knox with his drops, but our tight ends simply are not part of the pass game. We seen Kroft produce even though according to many he is completely useless and overpaid. We have seen some flashes from Knox. But how much production do we expect on 2-3 targets a game? Knox was targeted 3 times last night? I don’t think Kroft had a single pass and I didn’t even see him run a route. 

Well, if they caught the ball, they might become more of a thing for the offense.

While it may not have seemed like it yesterday, you don't actually gameplan for waiting for an accident to happen. ;)

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Haven’t had a legit TE in years.

Dawson Knox remains my most unpopular Bill. He does nothing but drop passes and makes a play once every blue moon.

A good TE would work wonders for this offense. I know some have mentioned Zach Ertz and that would be amazing, but don’t think it would happen.

Any TE’s out there worth looking at or are we going to have to throw the kitchen sink at Kyle Pitts in the draft?

Why is it so easy for other teams to find and develop tight ends, but the Bills have NEVER had a good one?  How is that possible?  They can be found in the sixth round, on the street corner, or even on a basketball court, but the Bills can’t find one to save their lives.  

He's a young player who has showed flashes of elite athleticism. But sure, let's get rid of the guy. His issue is between the ears, not having stone hands. Whether he gets over that or not remains to be seen but it's far too early to cut bait on him. 

If he turns it around, he can be one of the best tight ends in the league. A good team doesn't get rid of guys like that this early. 

Edited by QB Bills
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

He's a young player who has showed flashes of elite athleticism. But sure, let's get rid of the guy. His issue is between the ears, not having stone hands. Whether he gets over that or not remains to be seen but it's far too early to cut bait on him. 

If he turns it around, he can be one of the best tight ends in the league. A good team doesn't get rid of guys like that this early. 

Don’t worry, he’ll get at least 11 more games to prove he can do something besides make back-breaking drops.  And wasn’t Knox one of the three Bills “blockers” who stood there and watched Josh get killed by the Texans LB on the QB sweep in the playoff game last year?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Well, if they caught the ball, they might become more of a thing for the offense.

While it may not have seemed like it yesterday, you don't actually gameplan for waiting for an accident to happen. ;)

How many drops has Kroft had? Knox went out with injury and they didn’t target kroft 

29 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If we pick late in the first round Brevin Jordan from Miami would be a welcome addition. 

Brevin Jordan seems like what we want Knox to be.  

I am 100% all in on getting Allen a playmaking TE in the 1st Round this year.  

Star and Gaines come back next year on defense, and I’m sick of investing on that side of the ball anyway.  

Keep the OL together and get Allen a legit TE early in the Draft are my top two hopes this offseason.  

Given how important John Brown is to this offense with the deep threat speed, I also wouldn’t mind going burner WR early in the draft either.  

Address defense in the middle rounds where guys like Matt Milano and Alton Robinson can be found.  

Well, I think it's safe to say that Tyler Bass is no longer the TBD whipping boy.

Some of these comments are downright laughable.

How many passes were thrown to Knox last night? 2? The pass that he "dropped" was also a bit high.

I'm not understanding the hate here, because I haven't seen us targeting any of our Tight Ends on a consistent basis this season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I caught at least two plays where he looked totally lost on blocking assignments. It was quick, and we will need to wait for the all 22, but I suspect he was lost in general. Low IQ? Anxiety issues? The kid has the measurables....