Dawson Knox and the TE position

McBean

Haven’t had a legit TE in years.

Dawson Knox remains my most unpopular Bill. He does nothing but drop passes and makes a play once every blue moon.

A good TE would work wonders for this offense. I know some have mentioned Zach Ertz and that would be amazing, but don’t think it would happen.

Any TE’s out there worth looking at or are we going to have to throw the kitchen sink at Kyle Pitts in the draft?

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Knox is still a work in progress and he has the POTENTIAL to be a big time contributor.  At the same time you're right that we need a lot more production out of our TE's - particularly between the 20 yard lines.

My one concern is that the Bills offense is one dimensional . That we are a QB/WR driven O.  This will work against lesser teams and when Allen and the guys are ON this is a hard offense to handle.  But you can shut down the WR's if you don't have to worry about the TE's AND the RB's.  The other glaring need on the Bills is a running game and a true #1 RB.

• Like (+1) 5

I said it as well in the offseason that the Bills needed to upgrade the TE position. I felt Knox could be a decent backup TE, but his drops are preventing him from being a reliable and effective TE. Had posters tell me I was nuts and they were sure Knox would improve. So far, still the same result.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

he has bad hands.  great athlete with poor college production due to a lethal lack of the most important skill for his position.

i could see him bouncing around to other teams and becoming a better player in the future, but not particularly likely

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Want this offense to go to the next level. 

Call the NYG and ask about Engrams Availability.  Still under contract next year as well.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/evan-engram-21764/

If you are Gettleman and trying to save your job with a decent W-L record, why on earth would you start trading weapons

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

If you are Gettleman and trying to save your job with a decent W-L record, why on earth would you start trading weapons

Well you answered it in your statement.

Also the Injuries on the Giants are his built in excuse

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Haha (+1) 6