This years Titans game versus last years game

LabattBlue

19 hours ago, Back the Blue said:

Two major differences...

1 - No idiot kicker who misses 4 FG’s

2 - No Mariota. 

Also there weren’t 4 drive starts inside the 20 yard line.  I think that miiiiiiight have been a little different 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'll throw in some more.

1. No 10 penalties for 100 yards

2. Two turnovers that put the ball inside the 20 and then another turnover on a fumbled kickoff on special teams.  

Not that I don't agree with you, but point 2 should simply read -  three turnovers that put the ball inside the 20.

This was a major reason for our loss. You can't win a game in which competent opponents starts its drive within your own 20.

EDIT: Plus there was also that punt return, so they started 4 drives inside our 30. That's insane.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

Offense had no pace.  Even first drive was very methodical.  I feel they needed to play faster. 

Also no Duke Williams he had game winning TD last year, would have liked him to get a call up instead of  LB Smith from practice squad. 

Titans are a very well coached team that was well rested.  Both teams were missing important players, but the Bills were in a particular bad spot in that regard.  The Titans make you stack up the box to play the run and play man on the edges.  That’s tough to do with your top 2 corners out.  Missing Milano didn’t help the run defense either.  Hopefully we get another shot at the Titans in the post season with our secondary healthy.