This years Titans game versus last years game

LabattBlue

1 hour ago, Back the Blue said:

Two major differences...

1 - No idiot kicker who misses 4 FG’s

2 - No Mariota. 

This years Titans game was the first one in a long time I saw a McD coached team completely UNPREPARED to play. 

given the circumstances around this game I will give this week a pass as uncharacteristic but something to watch in the future. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Defense for the Titans was far better and well rested.  

The Bills Defense was missing key players 

The Titans defense didn’t confuse Josh like many are saying they just played better on coverage. 

Field position was also key.  20 to 40 yards and you expect good teams to score. 

This game meant a lot more to the titans who thought the last 2 games we have played they should have won.

Couple that with our fans taking over their stadium last season add in some rest for the titans and a few weeks to prepare plus some key injuries to the bills defense and you get what happened last night

The titans wanted this game a lot more than the bills did.

5 hours ago, Back the Blue said:

Two major differences...

1 - No idiot kicker who misses 4 FG’s

2 - No Mariota. 

As well as we were missing our best LB and our two best CBs oh and we were not good hanging on to the ball.  Take away the turnovers which were unforced and we were with them.

The Titans are a good football team. We can beat them but I'm not about to say anything bad about them after they went to the AFC title game last season and also have started out 4-0.

They aren't a fluke. They're damned good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Vrabel's game plan was very good. He knew the Bills run game was lacking and with Smoke being out played deep zone and forced Josh to sustain long drives without making mistakes. Buffalos TDs drives consisted of 15 plus plays each. Also they played field position flawlessly working with short fields the entire game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

This years Titans game was the first one in a long time I saw a McD coached team completely UNPREPARED to play. 

given the circumstances around this game I will give this week a pass as uncharacteristic but something to watch in the future. 

Exactly.    First time in a while the Bills ..as a team.. came out flat. They looked ill-prepared and unmotivated.   That was the aspect of the loss that sticks with me the most.  

It happens.  Teams have bad weeks.  Hopefully it doesn’t happen too many more times. 

13 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

So sick of the commentators praising the Titans. While Tennessee was resting for 16 days buffalo had to play a game and prepare for two other teams through no fault of their own

Jay Feely commenting on OJ's golf game......."He only shot two over par which is impressive considering he's been held up in court these last eleven months."