3rd and 19.......Haven't learned yet!

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

That wasn't the same coverage at all.... They played press coverage and Johnson got pushed aside by the WR in the slot freeing up the middle of the field. 

That's on coaching. ***** terrible call. Frazier is a dud. 

Frazier is the weak link 100%....highly overrated and his whole coaching philosophy is from the lovie smith/tony dungy tree.......his natural instinct is to always play it safe by having his players give big cushions...his bend but dont break is broken and we will never win a superbowl with him calling our defense

These players want to play in McDermott's defense not Leslie Frazier's.    When you look at the Bill's on defense in some games they look like two different teams case point I can tell  when McDermott is calling the plays and when Frazier's calling them.  When McDermott is calling the plays on defense the Bill's will lineup in a 6 to 7 man front at the line of scrimmage and attack but not all come at the qb some will drop back and sometimes they will all come or a defensive end drops back causing all kinds of confusion on third down teams will move against it but the qb is feeling it they average 4 sacks a game under McDermott calling the defense.  Frazier on the other hand tens to let the front 4 rush the passer no stunting no confusion keep everything in front of you just don't let them score they maybe a sack a game in Frazier's defense. And watching both defense's it looks like the players like McDermott's version over Frazier's.

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

These players want to play in McDermott's defense not Leslie Frazier's.    When you look at the Bill's on defense in some games they look like two different teams case point I can tell  when McDermott is calling the plays and when Frazier's calling them.  When McDermott is calling the plays on defense the Bill's will lineup in a 6 to 7 man front at the line of scrimmage and attack but not all come at the qb some will drop back and sometimes they will all come or a defensive end drops back causing all kinds of confusion on third down teams will move against it but the qb is feeling it they average 4 sacks a game under McDermott calling the defense.  Frazier on the other hand tens to let the front 4 rush the passer no stunting no confusion keep everything in front of you just don't let them score they maybe a sack a game in Frazier's defense. And watching both defense's it looks like the players like McDermott's version over Frazier's.

Interesting take. I wonder if that's actually what's going on. 

6 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

On the 3rd and 19 play that the Titans converted, it was eerily familiar to the playoff game with the Texans where they converted the long 3rd and 20. What's bothers me isn't so much that they failed to stop them, but the circumstances of why. Exactly like the Texans game, they played too far back and allowed the receiver to get up field before the tackle. They aren't learning from their mistakes and THAT is concerning!!

GO BILLS!

how many 3rd and 19’s has Josh converted this year?

I’ll hang up and listen for the reply

They lost.  It’s not the first (beyond this season) or last time the team will lose a game. 

the sky isn’t falling 

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

how many 3rd and 19’s has Josh converted this year?

I’ll hang up and listen for the reply

They lost.  It’s not the first (beyond this season) or last time the team will lose a game. 

the sky isn’t falling 

This isn't about our offense; it's about the inability, on a consistent basis, that we seem to be in a 3rd and long (or very long) and can't get a stop. It's that open space up the middle with a super soft cushion that allows teams to convert. I don't have a problem with a loss; it's how we lose and that we don't seem to learn from those mistakes. 

8 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

On the 3rd and 19 play that the Titans converted, it was eerily familiar to the playoff game with the Texans where they converted the long 3rd and 20. What's bothers me isn't so much that they failed to stop them, but the circumstances of why. Exactly like the Texans game, they played too far back and allowed the receiver to get up field before the tackle. They aren't learning from their mistakes and THAT is concerning!!

GO BILLS!

I put that on Frazier, coach them up dammit.