3rd and 19.......Haven't learned yet!

On the 3rd and 19 play that the Titans converted, it was eerily familiar to the playoff game with the Texans where they converted the long 3rd and 20. What's bothers me isn't so much that they failed to stop them, but the circumstances of why. Exactly like the Texans game, they played too far back and allowed the receiver to get up field before the tackle. They aren't learning from their mistakes and THAT is concerning!!

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

On the 3rd and 19 play that the Titans converted, it was eerily familiar to the playoff game with the Texans where they converted the long 3rd and 20. What's bothers me isn't so much that they failed to stop them, but the circumstances of why. Exactly like the Texans game, they played too far back and allowed the receiver to get up field before the tackle. They aren't learning from their mistakes and THAT is concerning!!

GO BILLS!

Well considering they were missing CB1, CB2, WLB it happens. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

it was on our starting nickel wasnt it?

Ooo you mean the one that shouldn’t be starting either. I am not worried at all all defenses this year are bad. 

the ONLY concerning thing for me out of this game is first game this year they seemed totally unprepared to play. Given the circumstances I will give them a pass on it for one week. 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

And they shouldn't.

Well don’t let it bother you. Without holding being called going to happen ALOT MORE to all teams in the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ooo you mean the one that shouldn’t be starting either. I am not worried at all all defenses this year are bad. 

the ONLY concerning thing for me out of this game is first game this year they seemed totally unprepared to play. Given the circumstances I will give them a pass on it for one week. 

But i mean.... he IS our starter there. So thats not just an issue based on your initial injury argument. Injuries or not he's the starting nickel. 

Also there are 5 teams allowing 20 ppg or less this season. So no, all defenses arent bad this year. Its a down year for sure but in a year of bad d's buffalos is at the bottom in a lot of categories. Its perfectly rational to be concerned about that.

We agree on one thing. Its just a clunker of a game. They happen. I still believe the Bills are contenders...... that have serious defensive issue to iron out.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

GO BILLS!

That was a major turning point in the game and happened early. The INT was a bummer, but we answered back. Stopping them there and getting the ball back would have been huge. Sort of felt like that imaginary INT from the Rams game. It started a run that we never had an answer for. 

I agree that the middle of the field was way to open. Where was Edmunds? Where were both of our safeties?   But what bothered me most about that play is that the receiver caught it about 5 yds from the line of scrimmage and Taron Johnson was already trailing by 2 yds.  Wouldnt you want to play off in that situation and keep him in front of you?

That's both coaching and Taron Johnson has no business being out there. Teams figured it out and are specifically targeting him wherever he is. I saw enough from Cam Lewis to give him a shot there. He seemed to be flying around and made a couple nice tackles.

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Bills had more time in their facility than the Titans had in theirs...

Almost like Professionals can learn from watching cut ups on an iPad while Zooming with their coach.  Also like unauthorized player only practices happened.  Titans had s singular Focus the Bills.  The Bills had a double focus the Titans and the Chiefs because of how the NFL decided late to officially change the chiefs game, up until that Bills where told if there is another positive you will play the Chiefs on Thursday.

Edited by MAJBobby