Are we still one of the top teams!?

After watching last night's game does anyone still question whether or not we are still one of the top teams?  I can see us easily just being a 9-7 team with the rest of the schedule.

Current                       4-1

Chiefs            L           4-2

Jets                W         5-2

Patriots          L          5-3

Seahawks      L          5-4

Chargers        W         6-4

Cardinals        L          6-5

49ers               W        7-5

Steelers           L         7-6

Broncos          W         8-6

Patriots            L         8-7

Dolphins          W        9-7

I think they lose one of the 5 games between the Cardinals,Chargers,49ers,Broncos, and Dolphins ... I just so happenned to pick the cardinals game

Yes.  Bills fans get so ridiculous at times.  We had a bad game last night.  The Chiefs had a bad game against the Raiders on Sunday.  Yet no one thinks the Chiefs are all of a sudden going to fall apart.  Seattle can't stop anyone on D and have won a couple games by miracles.  

Josh wasn't great yesterday, he was good and threw one bad pick.  The D was really hurt by the loss of Tre and Milano, and I expect Beane and McD will be looking at ways to upgrade personnel today (I'd start with putting Zimmer back in on the D line).  They have to figure out how to play the middle of the field on passing plays better ; maybe have Edmunds take deeper drops or play three safeties all the time.  But we've seen the D struggle before and McD has figured it out.

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Shirley, you jest 

Have some  🧀 

You mean you can't foresee losing to the Pats 2x and also to the Seahawks,Steelers,Chiefs?  I just said I can also see a loss to one of the 5 other teams I listed.  With that we'd be 9-7

Edited by BillsFanThru-N-Thru

6 minutes ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

You mean you can't foresee losing to the Pats 2x and also to the Seahawks,Steelers,Chiefs?  I just said I can also see a loss to one of the 5 other teams I listed.  With that we'd be 9-7

Yes, Chicken Little, you see the sky is falling.  No I do not think we lose to the Pats twice, I think we beat either the Chiefs or the Seahawks (Seahawks have no defense; our offense should have a big day there).  Steelers will be very tough.

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes, Chicken Little, you see the sky is falling.  No I do not think we lose to the Pats twice, I think we beat either the Chiefs or the Seahawks (Seahawks have no defense; our offense should have a big day there).  Steelers will be very tough.

Or, hear me out, just a slight douse of realism instead of wearing my rose colored glasses.  I truly hope for them to go at least 10-6 or even 11-5, but all I'm saying is they could realistically go 9-7 and it wouldn't be a reach concluding how it is possible.  Hopefully Josh can carry this team with the offense, but the defense has taken a major step backward and while McDermott is a very good coach I don't see the second half adjustments that are needed under his watch.  You may think I see it as the sky is falling, but to me I just stepped back and looked at the scheduled more realistically.  There are a lot of very tough teams and we've only split with the Patriots 4x in 20 years.  You could say it's Brady, but I think the game planning the Pats do on both Offense and Defense is much better to what we have.  Talent wise I just think the Bills are better in certain areas then the Pats, but scheme wise not as much.  So until we do get a split or even 2 wins I'll always lean to losing both to the Pats. 

1 minute ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

Or, hear me out, just a slight douse of realism instead of wearing my rose colored glasses.  I truly hope for them to go at least 10-6 or even 11-5, but all I'm saying is they could realistically go 9-7 and it wouldn't be a reach concluding how it is possible.  Hopefully Josh can carry this team with the offense, but the defense has taken a major step backward and while McDermott is a very good coach I don't see the second half adjustments that are needed under his watch.  You may think I see it as the sky is falling, but to me I just stepped back and looked at the scheduled more realistically.  There are a lot of very tough teams and we've only split with the Patriots 4x in 20 years.  You could say it's Brady, but I think the game planning the Pats do on both Offense and Defense is much better to what we have.  Talent wise I just think the Bills are better in certain areas then the Pats, but scheme wise not as much.  So until we do get a split or even 2 wins I'll always lean to losing both to the Pats. 

Yes, I read your take and I disagree.  We did not play well yesterday, but we were on fire the other 4 games.  Unfortunately, you choose to focus on yesterday's game in which we were missing a key weapon in Brown, and missing our best two players on defense, and then take the sky is falling approach.  

The Chiefs looked terrible against the Raiders Sunday.  Do you also think the Chiefs are going to have a problem now - are they a 9-7 team?  I'm going to go out on a limb and say your answer is no.  I have watched the Bills since their inception, and it never ceases to amaze me how pessimistic fans get about their team.  Yes, they have some things to figure out after yesterday, namely why they are having trouble defending the middle of the filed on pass plays.  Whether they need to change scheme, personnel or what I'm not sure, but we have seen them have tough games on D under McD's tenure and he has figured out ways to stem the tide.  I am not worried about our offense at all; Josh has thrown really one bad pass all year, the pick in the second half yesterday.  

I think we'll get Tre and Milano back, probably make some other personnel adjustments (I'd bring Zimmer back onto the D line and I'd give Neal a shot instead of Johnson). make some scheme adjustments (defensive ends- set the edge!!!) and we should be OK.

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes, I read your take and I disagree.  We did not play well yesterday, but we were on fire the other 4 games.  Unfortunately, you choose to focus on yesterday's game in which we were missing a key weapon in Brown, and missing our best two players on defense, and then take the sky is falling approach.  

The Chiefs looked terrible against the Raiders Sunday.  Do you also think the Chiefs are going to have a problem now - are they a 9-7 team?  I'm going to go out on a limb and say your answer is no.  I have watched the Bills since their inception, and it never ceases to amaze me how pessimistic fans get about their team.  Yes, they have some things to figure out after yesterday, namely why they are having trouble defending the middle of the filed on pass plays.  Whether they need to change scheme, personnel or what I'm not sure, but we have seen them have tough games on D under McD's tenure and he has figured out ways to stem the tide.  I am not worried about our offense at all; Josh has thrown really one bad pass all year, the pick in the second half yesterday.  

I think we'll get Tre and Milano back, probably make some other personnel adjustments (I'd bring Zimmer back onto the D line and I'd give Neal a shot instead of Johnson). make some scheme adjustments (defensive ends- set the edge!!!) and we should be OK.

No I took the other games into consideration ... On fire maybe offensively certainly not defensively .. Josh had to have two comebacks out of the games and the Raiders were putting up yards and points even with their top 2 receivers.  I hear you, I truly do, but the 4-0 start wasn't a dominant start so I think that they need to much better or a 9-7 season is a very realistic possibility

Just now, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

No I took the other games into consideration ... On fire maybe offensively certainly not defensively .. Josh had to have two comebacks out of the games and the Raiders were putting up yards and points even with their top 2 receivers.  I hear you, I truly do, but the 4-0 start wasn't a dominant start so I think that they need to much better or a 9-7 season is a very realistic possibility

Let me ask you this.  It seems you want them to be 9-7.  Why?

I would say, no, not at this point.  Last night basically everyone on the team laid an egg.  However, we have a bunch of good teams to play this year (including the playoffs if we make it), so I think that is what is a little troubling about last night.  We don't seem to stack up with the upper tier teams (similar to last year).  But we can beat the middling teams.

45 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Let me ask you this.  It seems you want them to be 9-7.  Why?

Far from it!!  I now live in Tampa and hope the Bills make SuperBowl. Was a season ticket holder for 32 years up until the move. I just think they were not dominate outside of the Jets game. And like I said above been there thru all of it good and bad. While I think the PI at the end of the Rams game makes up for the bogus INT without it we’re 3-2 and it was a lucky call. So as one old man fan to another I’m hoping for them to go all the way, but you have to agree they have to be much better for that to occur