Weak, soft or just overmatched?

Toledo Bill

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

IMO, injuries are killing us.

Milano and White are two of our best three on defense, and losing the top two CBs hurts a lot. 

But if we look like that consistently, we'll have to think about applying those terms.

Best 3? Who's the 3rd?

The Bills didn't look ready or engaged in the game at all.  The Titans on the other hand looked and played angry.  They were extra-physical with the Bills and looked like they were chirping at them too.  The early interception helped putting the game in their pockets early.

I dont think this is always an issue with the Bills.  I expect them to be ready for the next game

3 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

If White really did fake an injury to not play the COVID-19's, that's a bad look...

Let me rephrase this for you:

"I have absolutely no evidence of this, but I'm going to make an if then statement assuming it's a thing because someone will take it seriously instead of asking me what, exactly, might be my evidence that this is actually true?"

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

3.  The Bills have been a tightly knit bunch all season, in love with each other.  In this game they played like they'd been jilted.  I know we won't ever hear the true story, but I suspect that White and maybe Brown just didn't want to play against the covid team, and so they bailed on their teammates.  We won't know whether that's true or not, but the other players do, and they looked a lot like guys who suddenly are questioning the family values that they've built up.

C'mon man, let's put the Tin Foil Hat stuff to rest.  The Bills played as a whole like they wanted to be "somewhere else, right here, right now" and despite any admonitions from coaches and team leaders were NOT taking the Titans seriously as the undefeated team they are.    They paid the price.

Brown was on the injury report all week, listed as questionable Friday, and showed up on  Saturday's injury report with a new injury after being filmed hopping on one foot and being seen to by trainers after a play. 

White DNP all week.  He has always been a professional for us and the Bills medical staff and FO would have to collude in listing him as injured.

There's no question that we played very badly, but until/unless some actual evidence of this comes up, please put this to rest.

• Like (+1) 1

I think we played like a team who was questioning why they were even playing this game.  30 Positive COvid tests and a reschedule later and then Tennessee is allowed to have fans in the stands, I really can’t blame the players for a lack of focus.  But it is what it is.  On to KC.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I was actually replying to someone else who hinted at that. Was not stating it as fact. What I was stating is, if true, it's bad juju. Slipping a mickey into the process bin etc.

There's a feature  "quote" at the bottom of a post you're replying to.  It includes the text to which you're replying, and you can then delete the not-relevant sections so it's clear.   Propagating someone else who is speculating without basis is not better because you were "replying", but your post would at least show it's a reply.

1 hour ago, BigPappy said:

Who the hell are you and where the f*&k do you get off making such assessments on a franchise QB's status of progression? Did YOU play or coach in the NFL? I seriously doubt it. The last time i check JA is a human being and not a perfect one and just like anyone else, he is going to have off days or just bad days. Especially being in his third season. If you want to complain about the "state of our team" then GTFO the train and go watch some figure skating.

This kind of reply does nothing and attacking people is not having a discussion so why not just not post on the thread?

53 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

The Bills didn't look ready or engaged in the game at all.  The Titans on the other hand looked and played angry.  They were extra-physical with the Bills and looked like they were chirping at them too.  The early interception helped putting the game in their pockets early.

I dont think this is always an issue with the Bills.  I expect them to be ready for the next game

All the Titans players seemed to have some major chip on their shoulder. Their were a lot of borderline dirty plays and a lot of disrespect going on after the whistle. They also followed through on a lot of tackles with some extra unnecessary force.  I have no problem with any of that but I do have a problem with the Bills just taking it and playing wimpy. When a team disrespects you like that, then focus and beat them on the field. I get that the Bills dont want to be thugs but doing nothing? was inexcusable.

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

with Jordan Phillips, Lorax, Star and Gaines gone, they are looking a little lightweight in the front 7 for sure.   they need T White to be playing in order to bring Poyer into the box.  things will get better once he and a few others are back.  Lose White and Milano this year for a game and you have a problem for that game.  

I agree - White and Milano are key to this defense and they are much better with them.  However, the D-line just isn't getting it done.  No QB pressure and very little penetration.  It all starts up front.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

The game played out almost like you played a team on two weeks rest, when you are injured.

Aside from Roberts miscues.... Agree. 

I’ll wait for the all 22, but it certainly seemed that they tried to play a lot of man and shut down Henry which was a bad move without White, Wallace, and Milano. The lack of top tier DL talent, lack of depth at LB, and lack of on field leadership featured prominently in this loss. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think we played like a team who was questioning why they were even playing this game.  30 Positive COvid tests and a reschedule later and then Tennessee is allowed to have fans in the stands, I really can’t blame the players for a lack of focus.  But it is what it is.  On to KC.  

That's basically what I got.  The Bills as a team played like they wanted to be somewhere else, doing something else.

2 minutes ago, JPicc2114 said:

I mean its 5 games now with very subpar defense

It's not the stifling defense it was last year, but it hasn't been nearly as horrid as it was last night, either.

49 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

I agree - White and Milano are key to this defense and they are much better with them.  However, the D-line just isn't getting it done.  No QB pressure and very little penetration.  It all starts up front.

Add in Dodson and especially Edmunds getting sucked into the play action and taken up by blockers thus leaving gaps

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Aside from Roberts miscues.... Agree. 

I’ll wait for the all 22, but it certainly seemed that they tried to play a lot of man and shut down Henry which was a bad move without White, Wallace, and Milano. The lack of top tier DL talent, lack of depth at LB, and lack of on field leadership featured prominently in this loss. 

Yep. You could see it clearly on Tannehill's scrambles.  Our guys were chasing their men with their backs to the ball.  Tanny could just jog down the field all day.